w204 brakepad warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sceh

Car
w123 240TD
I don't yet have a warning saying my pads are low but when it does light, how many miles, roughly, do I have before it becomes critical?

thanks

You'll have 500 miles roughly

There's no way to tell how long as it depends on how hard and how often you apply the brakes. I can't think of a valid reason not to change them straight away?

I can't think of a valid reason not to change them straight away...

I am being lazy. I shall do them tomorrow when it is due to rain. The car has done 32k miles so it is probably due anyway

Last edited:
I can't think of a valid reason not to change them straight away...

I am being lazy. I shall do them tomorrow when it is due to rain. The car has done 32k miles so it is probably due anyway

Being a 204 you might need discs to, they don't last long.

Ditto - you'll almost certainly need discs (just replaced mine today). It's a really easy job to do.

Also I ran mine for 2K after the light came on, which I do appreciate is personal choice but I was told you're good for 2-3K by an MB tech.

A different car, but we had the light come on as we set off on a 1000 mile round trip, and they had plenty left when they were changed. I can't comment on your car, but there's not need to rush, just don't ignore it.

Also because the discs are seemingly softer, you don't have to worry as much about disc-lip as they being replaced anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom