W204 C63 Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can also recommend these , I use them a lot , even cleaned the wheels with them when the6 were off the car. You can only get them from Costco , pretty cheap , and come in for all sorts of jobs.

8DB6D5CD-3290-41F4-BF45-3AA8A04C4993.jpeg

I've used light grey primer on the rear bells of mine, the shiny silver is a bit too bling for me and I've found the grey to look more OEM and last better

I did my discs two years ago with silver smooth hammerite and now they need doing again.
The heat generated has made the paint bubble and go brown in a few places.

I did my discs two years ago with silver smooth hammerite and now they need doing again.
The heat generated has made the paint bubble and go brown in a few places.

Will keep an eye on mine and see how it lasts over time.

I envy your ability to clean your own car! I'm only now finding out how difficult it is to A. clean a black car and B. keep it looking that way!

I envy your ability to clean your own car! I'm only now finding out how difficult it is to A. clean a black car and B. keep it looking that way!

Thanks , the hard work was getting everything really clean when I bought it , clay bar etc , and getting a decent coat of wax on, makes cleaning it much easier. White is not very forgiving when it comes to showing up dirt but cleans up fairly easy IMO. I only had one black car, looked stunning in the showroom, first time I washed it I suddenly realised how much hard work a black car is to keep really clean and a nice shine without swirls etc. Black looks great but takes a lot to keep them looking good.

I thought that having it properly prepared once would save a lot of grief in the long term. The place i bought it from (<10 days ago) claim to have applied some sort of £600 ceramic coating which I though would mean the water would run off of. I think the reality is a combination of me being too optimistic about the powers of this ceramic coat, and the dealer being a bit generous with his story about applying it in the first place...

I thought that having it properly prepared once would save a lot of grief in the long term. The place i bought it from (<10 days ago) claim to have applied some sort of £600 ceramic coating which I though would mean the water would run off of. I think the reality is a combination of me being too optimistic about the powers of this ceramic coat, and the dealer being a bit generous with his story about applying it in the first place...

I’ve only done my own cleaning, I use Zymol wax (which I bought for a previous car) , water beads really well but does need doing fairly regularly. My car is garaged when it’s not being used and that helps keep it clean.

As it’s raining again I decided to have a look under the bonnet and give the engine bay a bit of TLC. A couple of hours later and it’s looking nearly as good as when it left Affalterbach:) A bit of polish designed for interior plastic has brought all the black bits up quite nicely. I never get bored of looking at the mighty V8 :)

To help get the dust and dry dirt out of the hard to get at places I tried a mod on the vacuum cleaner I keep for car cleaning. Partially successfull but the plastic hose does reduce overall suction quite a bit due to the reduced cross section.

287B20C8-BD88-438A-960D-192A01BF8CF9.jpeg FAFBC41E-5E3A-44B0-9A47-234545FF91B5.jpeg C02DE05B-60D7-417F-BBD4-3837C3719803.jpeg

Very nice! Engine bay tidy-up is next on my list, i've given up on trying the keep the black exterior clean...

96FAB53F-4B1E-484C-9D5B-E9E48A499F84.jpeg
Very nice! Engine bay tidy-up is next on my list, i've given up on trying the keep the black exterior clean...

To be honest the engine bay was pretty clean when I picked the car up from MB Newcastle, not perfect but very tidy. I hadn’t been under there for several weeks and it was starting to look unloved, not anymore ;)

I chose white because it really shows off the contrast with the black pan roof and privacy glass, and it cleans up a treat. Todays effort as it’s raining, never bored now I’ve got the C63 :cool:

A job I was going to put off until the car needed new tyres was changing the alloys from grey to gloss black with a diamond cut finish and Black centre caps, possibly AMG ones. I’ve done nearly 1500 miles and the rear tyres are still showing 7/7.5mm , fronts 8mm so I’m definitely not looking at changing them any time soon. I used to think the satin black 19 inch multi spokes looked the best on a C63 but I’m now thinking gloss black and diamond cut will look great and tie in well with the chrome trim. :cool:

C25F8B01-E124-4A36-A828-E290A76FFBC8.jpeg E8359B5E-DE30-4CA1-873C-75ED62A07F63.jpeg

Its strange, as much as i like the white C63 I cannot see myself getting one so have had to take them off the shopping list.
Yours looks really clean, I think black wheels would set it off [but thats just me].
Will be interesting to see if bees like your zymol as much as they did mine back in my Subaru days. That wax smelled so good ...

Edit: That wheel will look great on the car :)

Its strange, as much as i like the white C63 I cannot see myself getting one so have had to take them off the shopping list.
Yours looks really clean, I think black wheels would set it off [but thats just me].
Will be interesting to see if bees like your zymol as much as they did mine back in my Subaru days. That wax smelled so good ...

Edit: That wheel will look great on the car :)

Thanks, it gets plenty of TLC but it does get out when it’s wet, off to Whitby tomorrow no matter what the weather is. I’d always had mainly red or silver cars but liked the C63 in white more than any other colour. I’ve not noticed bees taking a particular liking to the Zymol, but as you say it smell so very nice :)

Last edited:
That's a grand looking car and no mistake. 27 mpg! That's truly amazing. Thats more than I get in the E500.

That's a grand looking car and no mistake. 27 mpg! That's truly amazing. Thats more than I get in the E500.

Thanks it gets lots of TLC but does get used. The 27 mpg was on the drive back from MB Newcastle to Beverley when I picked up the car. I filled the tank when I got home and it was nearer 23.5 mpg. Over the 1400 miles I’ve covered the average is 20.25 mpg calculated from receipts and mileage not from the onboard computer. When I decided on a C63 I’d factored in 20 mpg so more than happy. :cool:

Has anyone bought these centre caps? The genuine AMG ones are nearly £150 a set. I’m sure the quality of the genuine article will be better but would be interested what people think of these.

They do a nice selection of other centre caps too

I bought these a couple of years ago for less than £25 a set and they are as good as new now. Can't say the same about the wheel bolts.
7Qiu9GL.jpg

I bought these a couple of years ago for less than £25 a set and they are as good as new now. Can't say the same about the wheel bolts.
7Qiu9GL.jpg

They do look good value. When I painted the discs I did the heads of the wheel nuts at the same time, look ok even up close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom