W204 Front Shock Absorber wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

limby

Car
C320 CDI W204
Does anyone know anything about the electrical connections to the front shock absorber on a W204? In the engine bay I can see that there is wiring going to the top mount but does anyone know if there are any other connections to the shock anywhere else further down that might not be visible from either the engine bay or the wheel arch?
If anyone has a wiring diagram that would be even better!

Thanks in advance

Tenneco Launches Electronic Suspension System On The New Mercedes-Benz C-Class | Tenneco Inc.

My guess for what's its worth is that the connections to the top mount are associated with the accelerometer sensors connected to the control ECU and that the connectors associated with the electronically adjusted valving are lower down the strut/shocker

Thanks, it'll be the ones lower down on the strut that I'm trying to locate then as I have a fault code relating to the adaptive damping. It says there is an open circuit. The connections to the top mount look absolutely fine which made me think there must be another somewhere else that's come off

CHASSIS CODE IS 483 HERE'S A PICTURE OF THE LEFT FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER /STRUT A2043230900---- A2043231000 IS THE FRONT RIGHT YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ELECTRICAL VALVING ADJUSTER AS A SMALL CYLINDER AT RIGHT ANGLES AT THE BASE OF THE MAIN STRUT.
649356_x800.jpg

Last edited:
awesome, thanks grober

Hi guys,

I own C220 CDI, Elegance 2008 and I have to change my front shock absorbers.

Do I have to buy original ones or I could replace them with Monroe C2508R and C2509?

Thank you in advance!

Not sure how many W204 came with the Dynamic Handling Package back then --meaning not many folks will have experienced this dilema to report back. In circumstances like this I would be inclined to go with the MB parts based on your chassis number. Try shopping around also - prices may vary a bit.

Am I correct in assuming W204's that don't have the Dynamic Handling Package have no electrical connections. Although stock dampers are supposed to be adaptive it's purely an internal mechanism.

Am I correct in assuming W204's that don't have the Dynamic Handling Package have no electrical connections. Although stock dampers are supposed to be adaptive it's purely an internal mechanism.

Correct ---the standard shock valving adjustment is thro inertia mediated valving IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom