W205 C Class - No outdoor temperature display?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had my C class C300h in at the Merc dealer and they tried for over an hour to get this to work. Not sure they knew what they were doing. I mentioned disabling UK mode and just got blank looks.

Had my C class C300h in at the Merc dealer and they tried for over an hour to get this to work. Not sure they knew what they were doing. I mentioned disabling UK mode and just got blank looks.

At least they tried, whereas in my case they just said that there was no issue since I if I want to see the outdoor temperature I can select one of the screens in the Trip menu where it is actually available. Yes, one screen out of 20!
My point is that I want to be able to see the temperature display on every single screen (Trip, Media or Navi), but unfortunately I failed to get it across.
They also rejected the idea of disabling UK mode as "that would invalidate the warranty".

If anyone finds a solution, please let us know.

Hi just been reading the thread about the outside temp , did you get to the bottom of it .
As I have just got a c300h amg line estate and I can't desplay outside temp

At least they tried, whereas in my case they just said that there was no issue since I if I want to see the outdoor temperature I can select one of the screens in the Trip menu where it is actually available. Yes, one screen out of 20!
My point is that I want to be able to see the temperature display on every single screen (Trip, Media or Navi), but unfortunately I failed to get it across.
They also rejected the idea of disabling UK mode as "that would invalidate the warranty".

If anyone finds a solution, please let us know.

An astoundingly bad mistake, and to try and palm customers off with Euro quasi legal chat is pathetic and arrogant

Took delivery of my new C350e yesterday but still no outside temperature display. Very disappointing.

ITS FIXED!!!
Had my C300h in for a service today and they installed new software for the trip computer display and the outside temperature is now displayed on the main mileage screen (its not displayed on any of the other screens but I can live with that).

Bottom left on every screen on my 2014 205, Trip, Media, Radio, the lot.
I had a loan C250 while my C300h was getting serviced and it had the outside temp in bottom left of all screens. Seems the 300h hybrid has a slightly different display (additional info for hybrid status). So anyone with a C300h just needs to get the latest software to display the outside temp at lower right of display.

Hi,

I have a 2012 c class coupe, where is the outside temp sensor located,

Thanks.

I wonder if the very latest deliveries of C350e have the latest software to read the outside temperature? Guess I'll find out when I get mine shortly!

Mine just shows in 1 screen on a C350e and that was delivered in March 16. Is there a way to get it to display in all screens.

Hi all, I have a C300h registered on September 2015. I have the same issue with the outside temperature. Tried everything and nothing, I then contacted the dealer and they confirmed that software display on the C300h and C350 is different to the other versions. They advised there is a software update and the car can be taken to a local dealer for it to be rectified. Hope this helps

OAT missing

Hi

got my c350e today, great car however my OAT only displayed on 1 screen, has this ridiculous problem been resolved yet?

Hi

got my c350e today, great car however my OAT only displayed on 1 screen, has this ridiculous problem been resolved yet?

Probably not :-(

I got my C300h serviced only 4 weeks ago and I asked the MB technicians to look specifically into that problem. They had the car twice and updated the display to the latest firmware, but the final verdict was that on the hybrid C Class models the outdoor temperature is displayed only on one screen on the "Trip" menu... and that's it.

IMHO that is utterly pathetic: as a customer I can even accept that such an issue had been overlooked during the initial design, but the fact that it had not been addressed after 2 years that the W205 has been on the market is just inexcusable for the UK division of a premium car manufacturer.

C350e outside temperature

I have been discussing this with the local mercedes dealership with my car being in with them for circa 10 days in total. They have now only just managed to ge the temp reading on the total miles screen and no others. They say its a requirement to have MPH and KPH on the same screen (EU) but when I asked if Germany had MPH they said no so total discrimination. They suggested to get all owners to complain officially to MB customer services and if they get enough they may listen to people and fix it properly.
I think its very poor of MB, maybe a small issue but when paying in excess of 40k it should be there.
So if anyone is interested then can you contact MB customer services and file an official complaint.

Pre Cooling / Heating from Aux power C350e

hi,

on a completely unrelated topic....

can anybody please provide me with an idiots guide on how to pre-heat the car and also pre-cool the car from the app (if thats possible), the c350e manual is a total nightmare.....

i assumed the seats could also be heated remotely but not sure that is even possible

My C350e

I have now had the latest SW applied and all it fixes is the temperature now appears in the centre bottom part of the screen but only when set on the mileage of the car, this is complete rubbish and MB suggested people write in and complain and then they may do something about it, how poor is that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom