w205 c63 cabriolet service cost and options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zain Leics

Car
c63 cab w205
Hi Guys

I have a c63 cabriolet which is now due its first service as 12 months have nearly passed. It has approx 6000 miles. It is a contract hire vehicle through my local MB dealership.

I have been quoted approx £350 for the service A from them and others in the area. A local independent has quoted around £190 has the ability to update the electronic service record through Star.

As the vehicle will be returned back to MB next year should I get serviced at the cheapest place or do MB demand it be done through their dealership network? I don't want to have an issue when returning the vehicle.

What would you guys do?

Probably best to look at your paperwork and/or call the finance company to see if there are any requirements. In the past, cars in our family have only had to be serviced in accordance with manufacturers schedules and using genuine parts, so an Indy was fine. As yours is a performance car, maybe its different, I have no idea.

Hi.
I think it is a condition that you service leased MB cars with them and not indies.

Thanks guys. Will contact MB Finance and clarify before ultimately deciding.

I also need to get the recent recall done and software updated for the exhaust which i guess only a dealer will have access to.

I also need to get the recent recall done and software updated for the exhaust which i guess only a dealer will have access to.

Correct about the recall, but software updates can be done by anyone with real STAR (not clone) and sctive subscription. Mine were done by Comand UK.

Said that, if you need to book the car with the dealer for the recall anyway, then might as well get them to do the software update at the same time - many dealers charge £55 for software updates, which isn't too bad, and as your car is still under warranty there's always a chance they'll do it for free.

Hi Guys

I have a c63 cabriolet which is now due its first service as 12 months have nearly passed. It has approx 6000 miles. It is a contract hire vehicle through my local MB dealership.

I have been quoted approx £350 for the service A from them and others in the area. A local independent has quoted around £190 has the ability to update the electronic service record through Star.

As the vehicle will be returned back to MB next year should I get serviced at the cheapest place or do MB demand it be done through their dealership network? I don't want to have an issue when returning the vehicle.

What would you guys do?
Personally I would take it to the dealer, and drink as much coffee and canned drinks as I could to make the cost seem better value. It would be a nagging doubt until after the car went back - tge fact that you're taking the time to ask makes me think you're similar.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like wasting money but if there is a condition somewhere then it could end up costing you much more. Ask the dealer for a revised price if you supply your own oil, it could offset a big chunk of the difference. If they say no, try a few others. Many do allow this and it saves a fortune.

Is current C63 using the same oil as previous one, 229.5? If yes, it can be bought cheaply on Ebay from MB Newcastle. It should save £100-150 on service cost. Some dealers are not keen on accepting customer oil, but saying that it was bought from Mercedes dealership and you have invoice helps.

As Penelope mentioned above, I have supplied my own Mobil 1 in the past until I switched to
The MB service plan.

Thanks guys. Will speak to MB Newcastle to get price on the oil and then will speak to MB Loughborough and negotiate the price as oil will be supplied my me.

Thanks guys. Will speak to MB Newcastle to get price on the oil and then will speak to MB Loughborough and negotiate the price as oil will be supplied my me.
I haven't used them for some years but MB Derby offered a discount when providing your own oil, and not too far from Lufbra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom