• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W205 service

mmerc

Car
W205 c class 250d amg premium plus
Another successful service by my Mercedes independent = oil & filter,air filter front discs & pads all Mercedes parts supplied & fitted £597.00.
Car is w205 2017 40000 miles 250d premium plus.

Sounds great.

Was it a Service A or Service B?

And when were the cabin filter, the fuel filter, the brake fluid, and the ATF last changed?

Sounds great.

Was it a Service A or Service B?

And when were the cabin filter, the fuel filter, the brake fluid, and the ATF last changed?
A service ATF was done last year with a gearbox service.Fuel filter last year also.brake fluid probably next service.

Another successful service by my Mercedes independent = oil & filter,air filter front discs & pads all Mercedes parts supplied & fitted £597.00.
Car is w205 2017 40000 miles 250d premium plus.
How many miles on the car? I'm on 46,000 and still on original front discs and pads. Keeps passing MOT's without any mention of needing done.

A good independent is worth their weight in gold. I don't think I'll ever go back to a main dealer myself.

Sorry to disagree. If I were to buy another brand new or year-old Merc from MB - I'd stick to MB and possibly take out a service plan
on 'Black Friday' for a B -A- B service. With me, the local lot had been relatively good giving a decent courtesy car etc often e-class and years a go a clk/320 for almost 2 weeks when mine was in for a fault - then there is Mobilo - the three technicians I've come across for Mobilo, 10/10.

Having posted the above - never again would I get the consumables fixed changed by them, namely break pads/discs/wipers/batteries/etc as
they are way too expensive
It would be nice if members with experience of MB Indys could give a comparison re service prices along with odds and ends (re brakes - massive mark-up by MB IMO but our local MB charges around 220 an hour labour)

I think one of the most important if not the most items is the oil, many oils nowadays are long life and are capable of lasting high mileage before the oil
Molecules start breaking down allowing sludge to form. I personally use the 5w/30 low soot oil to be effective in maintaining it's viscosity. Although the service intervals are becoming wider and wider l still change oil and filter ever twelve months ensuring for under £40 the moving components are kept in suspension with a film of oil even during cold winter starts when the engine is under it's greatest stress ensuring the components are kept in suspension thereby reducing wear

My w205's 10 year service is coming up at a quoted main dealer cost of approx £1150 including a courtesy car 😬

My w205's 10 year service is coming up at a quoted main dealer cost of approx £1150 including a courtesy car 😬

At 10 years, it will require the following:
Service B
Brake fluid change
ATF and filter change

That's assuming that the service schedule was correctly followed so far.

At 10 years, it will require the following:
Service B
Brake fluid change
ATF and filter change

That's assuming that the service schedule was correctly followed so far.
Yes i know what it entails, it has full mb service history and is now on a service plan.

Yes i know what it entails, it has full mb service history and is now on a service plan.

Understood.

I listed the items due for the benefit of anyone who read your post and wondered what MB were quoting for, that cost as much.

Understood.

I listed the items due for the benefit of anyone who read your post and wondered what MB were quoting for, that cost as much.
Ok at 10 years a coolant change is usually required which bumps up the price..

How many miles on the car? I'm on 46,000 and still on original front discs and pads. Keeps passing MOT's without any mention of needing done.
Front discs pulsing problem,stubs cleaned off new discs & pads from Mercedes fitted problem rectified.

Ok at 10 years a coolant change is usually required which bumps up the price..

I was 15 years or 150,000 miles on my W203 and W204 - but the service schedule may have been changed for the W205, I do not know.

If it was indeed changed, then this is actually good news for anyone on a service plan :thumb:

Wow , that's slightly less than I paid for 3 years of service and mots.

Wow , that's slightly less than I paid for 3 years of service and mots.
I think since my local dealer inchape have been taken over by lsh, the prices have sky rocketed! 🚀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom