W209 CLK from Australia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GC66

Car
CLK
Hi,

I have bought the above (2005 car that the owners brought to the UK in 2012) and since had another owner before I bought it.

It has the COMAND system. Sadly there was no Nav DVD with it, as last owner didn't use the Nav so I have bought a UK disc, but it won't load.

It seems the joys of regional head unit / dvd applies? Local MB dealer has confirmed this is most likely the case.

Your advice on my choices would be appreciated please. So far it seems that I can:
1) Change the head unit for a UK / EU one?? Expensive?
2) Get a TomTom / Garmin and not use the COMAND Nav :(
3) Other choices? e.g. Is there an Australian mastered disc for UK maps does anyone know?

Thanks for your help.

Either contact Comandonline, or wait for Alfie to answer that one for you!

I'm pretty sure that the AUS NTG2 (CLK) unit is same as Europe unit - only North America and Japan were different

So, either you have the wrong map disk, a broken laser, or a dodgy comand ! What is the exact message you get (Put it on the MAP screen when you insert the disk).

The disk you need is here
https://www.commandonline.co.uk/europe-map-dvd-NTG2.html

If you are near Lightwater (M3, Junc 3) we can try it in your car for you

Richard

May be of no use but I am in Aus and return to the UK regularly if you need anything "bringing".

Thank you all.

rather than turning the disc ... or the car upside down :) I am able to get to Commandonline ... will see what that turns up and share.

Hope you don't turn the car upside down and good luck with it.

Thanks to the Commandonline team - all sorted, and in about 10 minutes. Fab service.

Sadly MB dealer said head unit wasn't EU compatible, when it is !! Always good to see they know their products ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom