W210 dumps oil!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Musher

Car
E300DT
I run my '97 E300DT (606 Engine) on veg oil with a small second diesel tank for starting & stopping with. Every so often it seems to get a bit sluggish and a bit of harsh acceleration seems to clear it with an accompanying puff of smoke!

Yesterday when I went to give it a quick blast through it was reluctant to change up and it red lined on the tacho, there was then a massive cloud of white smoke causing a white out behind me and I thought I'd blown the turbo or the head gasket. It kept on running no probs though until a mile later when a low oil warning flashed up. I stopped and looked under the bonnet and the entire engine, particularly the exhaust side, was covered in oil and I reckon I had lost at least 2 litres. When I restarted the engine I couldn't see any oil leak so topped up and gingerly drove home. once home I degreased the engine & went for another drive under normal conditions and not a single drop of oil leaked.

The turbo is acting fine and the oil breather pipe is still in the rocker cover anyone got any idea what the problem might be??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom