W210 E55 Exhaust Modifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spazzy

Car
S210 E55 AMG
Evening all - I drive a 2001 W210 E55 Estate (S210) and while I love the refinement in the cabin, I'm looking for a little more drama from the exhaust when the engine is under load while maintaining a drone free cabin when cruising.

To achieve this, I am looking at removing the centre silencer box, (since it's pretty rusty anyway), and replacing with a pipe.... If that doesn't achieve the desired effect, stage 2 would be to remove the lower cats too, (storing them safely just in case I should ever want them back on), and replace with mild steel pipes to connect it all together.

I'm interested to know if anyone has had this done already and if so, any feedback on cabin noise, etc would be great. Also, any recommendations of companies that could do this for me at a reasonable price would be very helpful. I heard Pro-Fusion customs in Heathrow have done an E55 before... But not sure what the result was like.

Any relevant feedback appreciated. Many thanks.

buy my c63 amg back boxes and get them fitted that will liven it up

Haha - I want to keep the standard AMG back box for that OEM look.

Ah well - Looks like there aren't many W210 E55s about as most have probably rusted away by now! ;-)

I'm on my own then chaps. Wish me luck.

:thumb:I think the general advice is to remove the rear cats and replace with straight pipes.

Hi,
Removing the resonator and lower CATs on a M113 N/A V8 has been done many many times, on C43, with both the 43 and the 55 engine and on the 208.
Olly of PCS use to supply a very well made stainless replacement pipe for this exact mod.
I had one of his pipes on my C43 with the 55 engine fitted and it sounded pretty awesome to be honest.
I expect I will do something similar with my CLS55K

That's great - Thanks guys. I'll give Olly a call and take it from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom