W210 with AMG kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GSD

Car
01 W210 E240 Avantgarde
Copyof2.jpg
1.jpg
DSC00957.jpg
amg2.jpg

Spent the whole of Sunday cleaning the car as it has been a while.. Much hasn't changed other than the door mouldings from which I had the Avantgarde badges removed.. Here are some pictures :rock:

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

Went to MB World the other day for the first time and I thought it would be rude not to take a quick picture or two :rolleyes:

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Spent the rest of my time driving these two cars and all I can say is WOW! I cannot wait until I can get insured on an AMG!!!

DSC01712.jpg

I haven’t been on the forum for a while as I've been very busy over the past year. I purchased a second car which meant that my poor 210 was sat on the driveway for a long time without the care and attention it deserved :(

In fact, I even got to the point where I was about to sell it :ban: However, I took it out for a drive recently and fell back in love with it straight away and now I can’t wait to get it properly back on the road!

The only area which needs some attention is the bodywork. The car is pretty dirty (I would’ve pulled my hair out if I let it get this dirty before :crazy:) and there are a couple of light marks here and there but my main concern is the driver’s side front wing. It wasn’t replaced when I had the car resprayed a few years ago as there was only a very minor amount of rust but I guess it was rotting on the inside and it certainly needs to be replaced now.

IMG_0294.jpg

I picked up a new wing from my local stealership the other day and just dropped the car off to the body shop so that should be the bodywork sorted :cool:

IMG_0285.jpg

The only other thing that is annoying me is the suspension. I’ve had this dodgy set up, Bilstein shocks and Weitec springs (with a coil cut off :doh:), for a while and the ride isn’t great so that needs to go. I purchased some D2 “Coilovers” as a replacement which should be a lot better.

5a993b2a-a702-4f1c-9b91-a775bf1467a7.jpg

63c3a0dc-bb0b-4dae-adc0-6057a82b7f31.jpg

I was also fortunate enough to come across a set of the rare staggered 19” W140 AMG Monoblock I wheels which I quickly snapped up. I’ve just sent them off for a refurb as I wasn’t too happy with the quality of the existing poor face only refurb and I need to change the tyres too.

IMG_0652.jpg

The current W140 (huge) tyres definitely won’t fit on my 210 so I have purchased a different set of tyres which will hopefully fit nicely and still maintain some level of comfort.

IMG_0676.jpg

a40a5534-ef4b-4ee3-b994-e927c5f29cf7.jpg

All I’m waiting on now is the car and a set of spacers to sort out the offsets and then my 210 should be good to go :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom