W211 Alloy Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Job completed today.

Brake and Footbrake rubbers fitted using small screwdriver to run round rubber to lever edges over pedals. Fit rubber at top first and then the bottom and sides can be levered on afterwards.

Pictures of process for accelerator pedal are as follows: -

Remove split pin, squeeze end with pliers and withdraw using screwdriver as lever under head of pin.
Pedals1.jpg

Remove old rubber by pulling off at top and sliding off carefully.
Pedals3.jpg

Remove new rubber from new pedal from packet.
Slide on new rubber to your pedal in reverse to removal.
Pedals4.jpg

Refit Split pin and job done.
Pedals5.jpg

Total time 15 minutes.

Was it easy to get the new gas pedal rubber on? I had real hassle stretching it over the ridge on the back of the pedal which caused the bottom row of rubber nipples to pop out of the medal and they were a pain to pop back in.

Originally posted by RichardM
Was it easy to get the new gas pedal rubber on? I had real hassle stretching it over the ridge on the back of the pedal which caused the bottom row of rubber nipples to pop out of the medal and they were a pain to pop back in.

I had the same problem as they were disturbed by taking them off the new pedal, but popped them back through using a small screwdriver.

On my 123 and i think 124, the actual hard plastic of the accelarator pedal (the bit that pivots) is thicker than the one you get with the alloy pedal...so when sliding it on, doesnt quite fit properly...

anyone had this, or is it just me?

It was very tight but did fit perfectly on mine.

On my 123 and i think 124, the actual hard plastic of the accelarator pedal (the bit that pivots) is thicker than the one you get with the alloy pedal...so when sliding it on, doesnt quite fit properly...

The accelerator pedal is a direct fit for W202, W210, W208, etc.

If you have a W201, W124, W123, W126, etc. you will have to modify your existing pedal for the new pad to work. I'll post some pics shortly.

P.S.

The brake pedal will work on all models with no problems. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom