• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 E320 cdi Sport Estate Opinions

Depending on how many tyres you get through, is it not worth paying a little more and have the support of the tyre fitters?

I just worked out that I paid the equivalent of £20 to have a tyre fitted based on the camskill price compared to the price I paid.

However, when I want a puncture repaired or mid life tyre rebalancing, no charge.
I am sure I am better off in the long run.

Thanks for all your advice.

In the last couple of weeks I've drive examples of 280cdi and 320cdi in Sport and Avantgarde trim. It's been hard to distinguish much difference in performance between the two in test drive conditions and equally the difference in ride between the Sport and Avantgarde has been less than I expected. 320s are scarcer than 280s but don't seem to be priced higher so targetted a 320.

Having missed out on another car today (someone bought it in the 2 hours between arrangement to view and getting to Mercedes Used Kingston - and it only came on the Merc website today!) I bought a 09 plate 320cdi Sport in Tenorite grey with black leather. Only 11k on it and lots of toys including:

COMAND
Memory on both front seats
Electric glass roof
Child seats in boot
Airmatic
Harmon Kardon
80 litre tank
Remote boot open/close
Parktronic front and back
Keyless Go
TV

Probably paid too much for it but really wanted Memory seats and the Airmatic appears to give the best of both worlds between looks and handling. Just hope the Airmatic is not Problematic:o

Probably paid too much for it

Not if it is what you really wanted - and it sounds like an excellent and very well specified car. Hope you enjoy it.

They are wonderful cars arn't they! Airmatic will be completely reliable, don't worry, its an excellent system.

Well done great car. I love myn does everything you need and a lot more.

Subtle on the sarcasm regarding Airmatic ;)

Airmatic struts are about £1100 a corner. I bought my 211 estate from the second owner, who is American, and he goes back there often. The perceived wisdom over there is to use this company for replacement struts.
I bought my car with one recently fitted (the other was MD replaced a couple of years ago) plus a spare and also a brand new oem compressor.

Failure of airmatic was the only reason I bought an AG over sport even though I prefer the latter.

Reverting to the subject of tyres, I see National Tyres are offering Avon ZZ3 at 149.49 fitted on their website, this for the wider back tyres 265/35 R18 97Y XL, the fronts being slightly cheaper.

I've always bought Michelinns in recent years, anyone any experience of avons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom