W211 E320 Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bishbashbosh

My front tyres are up for replacement. My current tryres are Pirelli P6000s and the guy at Kwik fit tells me that these are for Jags and not MBs. Which tyres should I therefore try and get ???

Thanks

Not sure how he works out they are for a particular car as they are supplied for many manufacturers cars, but Michelin get my vote.

Because Pirelli P6000 are not good. They have average grip and high wear rate.
All four of mine wore unevenly and one literally fell apart, the tread section was delaminating from the carcase.

Because Pirelli P6000 are not good. They have average grip and high wear rate.
All four of mine wore unevenly and one literally fell apart, the tread section was delaminating from the carcase.

Italian tyres are like Italian cars then :D

Any other suggestions for alternatives before I go to a few tyre places on Monday and avoid being offered a poor alternative or expensive replacement?

Michelins are worth the extra imo. Also had good service from Continentals. Vredesteins hugely underrated and not easy to get hold of - but good value. Go to a long established local indi tyre fitter (not a kwik fit type place) and haggle with them!

My front tyres are up for replacement. My current tryres are Pirelli P6000s and the guy at Kwik fit tells me that these are for Jags and not MBs. Which tyres should I therefore try and get ???

Thanks
what a load of tosh; just proves you should stay well away from them.

By the way - better to have the new tyres on the back - it is the rears that give you stability in corners - and putting the part worn rears on to the front will mean that any tracking issues are only wearing part worn tyres out. Make sure they put the nsr on the nsf and osr on the osf - and also worth re-balancing the tyres unless the rears are quite new as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom