• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W212 6.2l e63 - options + mileage game

I didn't mention PFL or FL I just dont like the rear end I wasn't bothered about engine or exhaust ,each to there own but id like a drive of the 213 E63s just for curiosity 🙂

Now we have established the W212 E63 PFL resembles a taxi and is inferior to the FL in every department you can judge or have an opinion on a car. Does this finalize the debate in this thread. As it's gone way off topic that titles the thread. And there are Trolls present too. If you call someone a troll for having an opinion!

The thread should be titled. Let's talk about every other engine/ vehicle that's is ones preferred other than the one in the thread title.

Odd carryings on indeed
If you’re concerned about other members causing thread drift since the OP created the first post and title of this thread, how does the OP’s request for member’s thoughts on distronic and longevity of the M156 reflect in your comments?

We all understand that you really like whichever car you have at a particular point in time, and that you think it’s so much better than everyone else’s that you’ll point it out at every opportunity it’s and even criticise other people’s cars to make your point.

Most members really like their cars too, or else they wouldn’t buy or drive them, and they certainly wouldn’t spend their time talking to likeminded people about them in a forum. Not many feel the need to criticise other people’s cars though.

We all enjoy hearing from other members and their passion for their own and other cars so please do tell us all about what you like about your car, and hold back on your criticisms of other cars. If you haven’t already, then start a thread about your car.

There's around as cm protrudence difference between this and the passenger side exhaust. Its not the most straightforward job to do as the exhaust needs to be taken off to straighten
With it being pushed back a relatively small distance, there may be enough adjustability to correct it. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

If you’re concerned about other members causing thread drift since the OP created the first post and title of this thread, how does the OP’s request for member’s thoughts on distronic and longevity of the M156 reflect in your comments?

We all understand that you really like whichever car you have at a particular point in time, and that you think it’s so much better than everyone else’s that you’ll point it out at every opportunity it’s and even criticise other people’s cars to make your point.

Most members really like their cars too, or else they wouldn’t buy or drive them, and they certainly wouldn’t spend their time talking to likeminded people about them in a forum. Not many feel the need to criticise other people’s cars though.

We all enjoy hearing from other members and their passion for their own and other cars so please do tell us all about what you like about your car, and hold back on your criticisms of other cars. If you haven’t already, then start a thread about your car.
Well said 👏🏻

I couldn't give 500 monkey's what people drive or do I think my old heaps of shite are the best cars. But what I will comment on is when people put another model car down because they don't feel or like a certain design or engine. I never criticize cars/ models on this or any car forum I've been attached to. I will stand my ground when people have an opinion on something they haven't spent enough time in doing so.

I like cars that look like taxis I like BLACK boring interiors so what that's what I like. I don't criticize for the sake of it. I'll throw my dummy out and say I'm done on this thread.

Last edited:
I like cars that look like taxis I like BLACK boring interiors so what that's what I like. I don't criticize for the sake of it. I'll throw my dummy out and say I'm done on this thread.
You're welcome...

20240913_142623.jpg

As the owner of an E63S with ‘fake’ exhaust tips, I can categorically say it had zero bearing on me buying the car or not.

Not sure why everyone places so much importance on it? I mean it’s not as if people are going to spend much time looking at it in detail - 99% of people will see the car and think ‘Nice, wish I could have something like that’ and that’s the end of it.

Sure, there will be the rivet counters who will want to point it out, but is it really a deal breaker?
Three of my last AMGs had the cosmetic tips only attached to the bumper and literally the only criticism I have is each car had the night pack and instead of chrome tips, they were black and looked a bit subdued and didn't stick out as much as i would have liked. It literally has zero bearing for me too. The chrome ones are harder to clean and polish but autoglym metal Polish is really good.

Now we have established the W212 E63 PFL resembles a taxi and is inferior to the FL in every department you can judge or have an opinion on a car. Does this finalize the debate in this thread. As it's gone way off topic that titles the thread. And there are Trolls present too. If you call someone a troll for having an opinion!

The thread should be titled. Let's talk about every other engine/ vehicle that's is ones preferred other than the one in the thread title.

Odd carryings on indeed
I already bought a car over 2 months ago so there's not much else I can say about options other than if the car had tinted windows and leather pack , I'd have preferred that but with my monsters climbing all over the seats with wet muddy shoes, I'm not upset with the pleather seats.
I'm chuffed with the distronic , great option
The dynamic seats are fantastic, though on the whole these seats are not as comfortable as the one i had on the facelift but they didn't have the dynamic option
The carbon pack, useful cosmetically but doesn't add a huge amount
The performance pack- helps with handling I'm sure
The LSD - helps deliver the power and you can feel it working to keep your acceleration going even when the rear wheels have lost traction and the tail is wagging. I wouldn't buy another AMG without an LSD.
Night vision- never used it yet maybe it can help with parking at night time
Folding rear seats - why isn't this standard on an E class
Reversing camera , no guides but at least it's a camera ! Not a great implementation but does it's job. It's inexpensive to have a reversing camera retrofitted
I chose options over mileage based on the cars that were available at the time, but now there's a great car with even better options and less mileage which would have been ideal on AT. Not sure avkht the aesthetic upgrades though Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
The one i got had 80k miles, engine mounts need doing, it needed a transmission service and there's a few other bits too and I'll be doing fuel injectors etc when it has its service next month.

I'll be getting the windows tinted soon too especially the rear ones for the kids

Regarding other engines, it's relevant to compare other engines and cars to this one as there's quite a few different options out there

Was watching these videos, might be of some interest. Unfortunately the W211/S211 does not get the MCT gearbox 😕

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was watching these videos, might be of some interest. Unfortunately the W211/S211 does not get the MCT gearbox 😕

The sound difference in the cabin is so significant between the C and E , the E is way too subdued. I found that too when I owned a w211. It's 4x air suspension though made it an incredible daily. I cant imagine there is a more comfortable mid sized 500hp car out there

The inevitable annual service is upon me and the car is lucky enough I didn't sell it. looking at gbp 2.2k of effort :
Spark plugs
Fuel injectors
Engine + transmission mounts
Rear diff service
Tpms replacement
Aux battery replacement
Rear blind spot assist sensor replacement
MOT
Car has been good overall, the distronic works pretty well, Lane assist is fine , performance pack works well
It will need tinted windows and exhaust mod after this and I've got a private reg in mind too

To be fair the parts make up over 80% of that ! And no idea how much tinting the windows cost generally

Couple things on the list are not really under a service so it's really so that as hiked the cost up.

Had my plugs changed two years ago. But I will needs the injectors replaced with my next service which is the bigger one. Have an Indy pricing up, see what he comes back with. Had engine and tranny mounts replaced two years ago also. Will need new discs and pads soon also. Always something to pay out on cars. Hey ho

I paid £170 for the rear and rear side windows on my W212 back in 2019.
That's a good price , I'll try and get it done by the spring when it starts to warm up and get an exhaust mod too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom