• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W212 6.2l e63 - options + mileage game

The fake exhaust tips are atrocious , the real tips on the PFL are much better however the rear end on the facelift is more angular and sporty and cooler IMO. A black w212 is 100% a taxi šŸš• overall rather than a handsome beefy looking muscle car . Mine has the carbon exterior package and still looks meh

View attachment 161108

I'm not sure i like the facelift too much either unfortunately but it doesn't look as ancient as the pfl
View attachment 161109
With the two pictures above I still prefer the PFL as the FL looks like it's trying to hard. The PFL looks to sit better in my opinion. Not sure if either one is lowered or that but the PFL definitely looks better to me.

The PFL does have Intelligent light system but they are not LED.

Also remember one is a 100%AMG and one isn't šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ‘

I can see where Alfaitalia is coming from. Whether the oversized decorative tip is attached to the back box or the bumper or not, it contributes less to being ā€œfakeā€ than the fact the exhaust pipers are much smaller that the tips.
This implies because most exhaust tips are thicker than the backbox pipe that they're therefore somehow fake by that logic?
W204 c63 - fake ?
Screenshot_20240912_143937_Chrome.jpg

Lamborghini... the tips are thicker and stuck on ...Screenshot_20240912_144651_Chrome.jpg

Just been out to see a cutomer and saw a PFL 212 E63 parked up near the customers home.....I could not put my finger on what was wrong to start with but when I left their house I realised.....FL rear doors on a PFL car. Not seen that done before.

Just been out to see a cutomer and saw a PFL 212 E63 parked up near the customers home.....I could not put my finger on what was wrong to start with but when I left their house I realised.....FL rear doors on a PFL car. Not seen that done before.
Oh so without the flared arches on the door ? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ ouch

This implies because most exhaust tips are thicker than the backbox pipe that they're therefore somehow fake by that logic?
W204 c63 - fake ?
View attachment 161139

Lamborghini... the tips are thicker and stuck on ...View attachment 161140
No itā€™s a reflection of the fact that tips mounted to the bumper are described as ā€œfakeā€ because they are not connected to the pipe, however whether they are connected to the pipe or the bumper the tips are significantly larger than the exhaust pipe.

What makes something fake, being connected to the bumper or being exaggerated to be much bigger than reality? I donā€™t know the answer. Personally I donā€™t see either as being fake, itā€™s just styling, but other people have other opinions.

No itā€™s a reflection of the fact that tips mounted to the bumper are described as ā€œfakeā€ because they are not connected to the pipe, however whether they are connected to the pipe or the bumper the tips are significantly larger than the exhaust pipe.

What makes something fake, being connected to the bumper or being exaggerated to be much bigger than reality? I donā€™t know the answer. Personally I donā€™t see either as being fake, itā€™s just styling, but other people have other opinions.
You normally get Matt Watson with his hitech tool, a crooked stick which he sticks into the gap between the exhaust tips and the exhaust outlet and declares something like this as having fake exhaust tips :

Screenshot_20240912_181616_Chrome.jpg
The tips are not connected at all to the exhaust outlet

Most brands have quite a thin outlet and a wider connected tip. I'm not sound engineer but perhaps the width of the direct
outlet from the back box affects the sound tone / volume etc

In my eyes as long as the tips are properly connected to the backbox then they're not fake
Screenshot_20240912_182154_Chrome.jpg
And if I'm paying 6k for an akrapovic exhaust and the tips look like this, I'd be surprised if they'd be able to get away with the design if the tips are deemed fake, hardly any exhausts come without a wider tip section than the backbox outlet

With the two pictures above I still prefer the PFL as the FL looks like it's trying to hard. The PFL looks to sit better in my opinion. Not sure if either one is lowered or that but the PFL definitely looks better to me.

The PFL does have Intelligent light system but they are not LED.

Also remember one is a 100%AMG and one isn't šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ‘
And I'd disagree 100% about the pre facelift car looking better. It looks dated now with that grill and the rear end is so plain it really could be a taxi.
The facelift is far better looking,(remember we are all allowed an opinion?) especially the rear end. I wonder why so many owners of a pre facelift remove the grill and replace it with the far more modern looking facelift one?

The LED lights on the facelift are far superior and the dash is much improved too.
As for the crack about one being a 100% AMG, get real:doh:

We've heard your (same repetitive) opinion so many times on so many threads its tedious.
No doubt your next car will be the best thing on the streets and you can mock other versions.

@True Spirit. Sorry mate, I can't let this go without a response. Time and time I bite my lip but its getting on my nerves again.
At least you have the sense to see the positives in both cars. Our friend is too blind to notice anything other than the model he owns.

Your so angry šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ‘

You can't beat a 6.2 monster TAxI šŸš• šŸš€šŸ’„ Happy Days šŸ˜

Last edited:
You normally get Matt Watson with his hitech tool, a crooked stick which he sticks into the gap between the exhaust tips and the exhaust outlet and declares something like this as having fake exhaust tips :

View attachment 161157
The tips are not connected at all to the exhaust outlet

Most brands have quite a thin outlet and a wider connected tip. I'm not sound engineer but perhaps the width of the direct
outlet from the back box affects the sound tone / volume etc

In my eyes as long as the tips are properly connected to the backbox then they're not fake
View attachment 161158
And if I'm paying 6k for an akrapovic exhaust and the tips look like this, I'd be surprised if they'd be able to get away with the design if the tips are deemed fake, hardly any exhausts come without a wider tip section than the backbox outlet
Honestly, no need to explain to me, I donā€™t regard any exhaust tips fake whether they are mounted to the back box or bumper, or whether theyā€™re exactly the same diameter as the exhaust or oversized.

Manufacturers switch favour the decorative tips being mounted or integrated with the rear bumper because it reduces the likelihood of costly damaage to the exhaust and nearby items.

A rear impact can push the full length of the exhaust forward damaging all sorts and in extremis can cause damage under the bonnet. The likelihood is much reduced when the exhaust is recessed.

Fortunately most people donā€™t worry too much about it, and those who do can always have an aftermarket exhaust fitted to make sure itā€™s definitely not fake.

Honestly, no need to explain to me, I donā€™t regard any exhaust tips fake whether they are mounted to the back box or bumper, or whether theyā€™re exactly the same diameter as the exhaust or oversized.

Manufacturers switch favour the decorative tips being mounted or integrated with the rear bumper because it reduces the likelihood of costly damaage to the exhaust and nearby items.

A rear impact can push the full length of the exhaust forward damaging all sorts and in extremis can cause damage under the bonnet. The likelihood is much reduced when the exhaust is recessed.

Fortunately most people donā€™t worry too much about it, and those who do can always have an aftermarket exhaust fitted to make sure itā€™s definitely not fake.
Speaking of which , I think the drivers side exhaust is slightly recessed and needs to be straightened (may have been pushed in slightly). There's around as cm protrudence difference between this and the passenger side exhaust. Its not the most straightforward job to do as the exhaust needs to be taken off to straighten , so I'm waiting on firming up exhaust mod options eg resonator and or muffler deletes etc I probably won't bother with a valved exhaust as the only setting I kept my last one on was open 99% of the time and that money can go into preventative engine maintenance instead , for the only real AMG out of the two is the one that needs more tlc šŸ˜œ (ie the slower , not as sharp handling, more taxi looking one that's half the value of the other one )

As the owner of an E63S with ā€˜fakeā€™ exhaust tips, I can categorically say it had zero bearing on me buying the car or not.

Not sure why everyone places so much importance on it? I mean itā€™s not as if people are going to spend much time looking at it in detail - 99% of people will see the car and think ā€˜Nice, wish I could have something like thatā€™ and thatā€™s the end of it.

Sure, there will be the rivet counters who will want to point it out, but is it really a deal breaker?

Now we have established the W212 E63 PFL resembles a taxi and is inferior to the FL in every department you can judge or have an opinion on a car. Does this finalize the debate in this thread. As it's gone way off topic that titles the thread. And there are Trolls present too. If you call someone a troll for having an opinion!

The thread should be titled. Let's talk about every other engine/ vehicle that's is ones preferred other than the one in the thread title.

Odd carryings on indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom