W213 E63 stone deflectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just checked the part No A2138900100 given by the above e-bay link. There's a UK supplier on ebay quoting the same numbers but specifically states that they do not fit the AMG version. Had this problem so many times when trying to get a set for my "C" Class. Happy really as the Carbonworks ones are so unobtrusive , you hardly notice them on the car.

The stoneguards are only 1mm aluminium, should be easy to re-drill the holes to match.

I wonder how much different the W213 AMG arches are in comparison to the W205 AMG?

I've emailed Carbonwurks to see if they would give me an actual size template of the C class stone guard. I could then use this to get an idea whether or not I could retrospectively fit these to my car

They said they wouldn't provide a template, which is understandable I suppose.
I asked about returns, i.e. I'll buy the C class set, and see if I could make them fit, if they don't fit, return them.
They say the matt ones are easily marked in their opinion, and they would be very critical of any marks, the carbon look ones don't mark as easily.
There is a 15% restocking charge too

Very helpful were'nt they ? Nothing like a bit of positive marketing.
Yeah, I even mentioned this discussion on the actual forum.

To be fair though, he's since replied stating he will speak with his team next week about rolling out the guards other cars

I've also just received some xpel ppf sill guard which I'd ordered from Amazon.
This will sort out the rear bumper future issue, but it might also work well with a wee strip behind the front wheel arch, at the bottom of the wing. I will plan my attack with Friday night wine.
Cheers :D

I would recommend PPF for behind your wheel arches.
I've had PPF put on the front end of my car (front grille, bonnet and wings), but never went behind the rear wheel arches.
Both my fronts and rears now have road rash, front is covered, but I wish I had installed PPF behind the rears before it started.
Got this stuff for the area mentioned.

Xpel R3022 Clear Door Sill Guard PPF https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003EP52BU/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

It can only help, but even if it doesn't hold up it was a cheap attempt for protecting your paintwork.:thumb:

I've also ordered the C Class stone deflectors in satin black. When I get them, i'll make paper template so I can see if they can be made to fit, and what they're going to look like

I'm expecting them to be delivered today John, they should have been delivered yesterday really, and Royal mail tracking doesn't seem to be working for me.

My wife just text me to say Royal mail just delivered a parcel, and apologised for the late delivery, apparently it was forgotten about.
So I guess that'll be the stone deflectors..
My only concern about them is that on their website they state they will not fit the C63AMG model, but maybe that's because the holes are in the wrong place?
I'll trace a template out on a piece of paper so as not to damage the guards, and then offer it up to the wing to see what we're looking like.

I can't see any difference in the lower wing on a C63 compared to my C250. Holes must be in different places.

I hope you're right, thats my thinking too.
Sadly my parcel was something from the bay of dreams that I'd forgotten about. No stone reflectors.

Royal mail's tracking system is broken, I rang them earlier, perhaps that's why they are delayed?

I'll contact the supplier in the morning as go away on holiday Saturday afternoon

I've just checked royal mail tracking, seems the stone deflectors have arrived.
I will do my best to make a template and test fit the template to the car before I go off on holidays.
Will take a few photos

Had a very rough check tonight, I think they will work, seems they will match the first pin nearest the arch, but the second pin is beyond reach.
Perhaps attach with one pin and a wee drop of silicone instead of the second pin?
I'll try to get some more details and a picture tomorrow if I have time.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom