W221 s class errors!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mat8n

Banned
Car
Sl63,honda crf450x, BMW x3, vespa lx50v, Honda goldwing in bits!
Just got my s class out to take it to work and the following errors popped up.

ESP Inoperative see manual
Run flat indicator inoperative

Then further down the road

Cruise and speedtronic inoperative.

Also the air conditioning won't switch on.

The car had been stood with a battery optimiser on it, but the bonnet battery!
It wouldn't unlock off the fob so I'm guessing the rear battery was flat (I didn't know it had two batteries)

Any ideas for a simple fix as I'm away from home with it now! Or a good indy near Inverness!

Thanks

Will probably be either a wheel speed sensor or the sender ring it reads. Need to get it on Star to see exactly if it is and which one. If it's the sensor it's about £100 plus ( easy ) fitting.

Sometimes switching off and locking the car then opening and starting it, then drive around ( need to do steering lock to lock if I remember right ) may reset it. I've had to do both rears on mine, one side twice in 5 years.

Yes it has two batteries,pain to get to the rear one,you need to take the rear seat,rigid cover off from inside the boot,have you tried resetting the faults have you got a diagnostic tool,as you are away from home,I would suggest if you have breakdown cover to call them as you have warnings up on the dash,they will connect their diagnostics and read them and then clear them it may just be all that is needed,if they diagnose a dead rear battery then they may well access it for you,it is a big battery and they are unlikely to have one,but get them to leave the rear exposed and you can buy one and fit it.

OK so went back to it, lock to locked it, drove it about 6 miles and all is OK for now.
If it's only a minor issue I'll get it home (about 350 miles!) and let my indie look at it.

Now the air con!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom