• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W639 DPF issue

speedbirdgb

Car
Mercedes Viano xlwb
Hi Guys, ive read a few posts regarding this issue but I could do with a bit more information please. Ive a 2012 Viano and ive had the engine management light on, took it to my local garage who read the code and it needed a new DPF sensor. Ive had the sensor and the wiring replaced but the light has stayed on. The vehicle now says drive at high engine speed to clear the filter. Ive driven at 60mph in 4th gear for 20 miles and it still hasn't cleared but is that enough? Ive also read that if the management light is on then it wont go into regen? so is this why its not shifted? Whilst at my local garage they tried to force the regen but it wouldn't do it ? is this because the management light was on? I drive around 1200 miles a week so surely its getting enough mileage to shift it? Can someone clarify how I might be best getting this regen to happen? speed, gear, rpm, distance etc? your help will be most appreciated.

Ideally you need teh DPF cleaned first. Then all the values to be re-set on a Star. This should cure it if the DPF hasnt broken up.

In the future use some fuel system cleaner, premuim fuel and drive it hard onece a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom