waiting for dealer to resolve warranty issue, how?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HotJambalaya

Car
C63
So my dealer 'owes' me 6 months extra warranty (part of a sales agreement, wanted the 6 months remainder of the manufacturers warranty + 1 year), which they've failed to do. So I called Merc UK who in turn chased it up, they have contacted me, and said the dealer will be contacting me to resolve the situation to my satisfaction. How? We've established that apparently they can't buy 6 months warranty. I even spoke to the warranty company and was told that the dealers can only buy the top ups as part of the approved used scheme.

I'm not planning on settling for some other third party warranty since I'd prefer the merc one to be continuous so its cheaper if I decide to renew it myself (current price circa £1250). So what exactly can they offer me to resolve this to my satisfaction, all I want is what I'm due but I'm not going to accept an offer of going halves on a year or anything like that, so if they can't do 6 months, whats the next step? what should I do/push for?

There is nothing to stop the dealer offering you a further 6 months warranty if that's been agreed, they will absorb any costs themselves.

There is nothing to stop the dealer offering you a further 6 months warranty if that's been agreed, they will absorb any costs themselves.

Agreed, if they cover you for 6 months they don't need to take anything out as you would, they would just self insure.

Agreed, if they cover you for 6 months they don't need to take anything out as you would, they would just self insure.

That would mean that they just agree to repair anything? as opposed to the actual Mondial Tier 1 warranty though?

As I see it, if the dealer covers your car for 6 months, then it would be up to you to deliver the car to them. Would they also cover this cost?. What happens if you break down a few hundred miles away, or even overseas?, I doubt they would. Would they cover the cost of having the car repaired at another dealership, again, I doubt it.
If they are willing to pay half the cost of 12 months Tier 1 warranty, I would jump at the offer. This covers you UK wide and Europe.

That would mean that they just agree to repair anything? as opposed to the actual Mondial Tier 1 warranty though?

Yeah, which is a right bonus as the Mondial 'insurance' policy is crap.

I am on my third year with the Tier 1 warranty. I have had nothing to complain about so far. I am well in pocket. I suppose it's like anything else, there will be those for, and those against, depending on their own experience. My own experience has been very good so far. It also helps if you have a good dealership, I am also lucky in that respect.
I very much hope you get some form of recompense out of all this.

But Mondial is an insurance like Warranty Direct, but WD is a third of the price and cover wear and tear.

If it was a Mercedes cover all warranty I would get paying the extra, but as it is simply an insurance I don't get it.

Having read the post re inlet port shut off and MB rejecting the claim uner Tier 1 - I wouldn't want a Mondial policy as I know from experience that warranty Direct covered it. They were fantastic with my car. Paid for the first one - MB had to pay for nos 2 and 3. They also paid half the front crankshaft bearing with MB paying the other 50% under "goodwill".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom