Wanted 380 or 450SE differential/ring-pinion gear for my 560SEC-USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cherry2728

Hello to all my Mercedes Euro mates! I am a newbie on this forum and would like to post a wanted add. I have a 560SEC 1988 USA/California version, since I live in California and I have the need to locate a set of differential ring and pinion gear from an European 380 or 450 SE from the 1980's.

What I am trying to do is to change the ratio of the gears. The USA version of the 560SEC has a ratio 2.47:1 and the 380 or 450SE Euro have a 2.88:1. Also a Japanese version of the 560SEC would have a 2.88:1 as well. A slightly higher/lower ratio to 2.88 would also be fine, like 2.64:1 or 3.04:1

Since I don't stand a chance to obtain such ratio gears in the USA, I must resort to my Mercedes aficionados in Europe to see if I can find a suitable replacement among the EU. If anyone in the forum has any ideas where I can go to in Europe to seek such parts (MBZ store, auto dismantler, specialty stores/high performance, etc.) I would be much obliged and thankful for the help.

Regards,

Cherry2728 :thumb:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would have thought that Ebay.de would be the best place to look first, plenty of MB parts available on there.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would have thought that Ebay.de would be the best place to look first, plenty of MB parts available on there.
Thanks EDZ649! Appreciate your quick reply. I will give it a try, but just the same if anyone knows of a better or more direct route to my goal, I would pay for the trouble!

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom