WARNING: Do not use SatNavDirect on Ebay!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another, perhaps worse, ripoff is http://satnavdvd.co.uk/
They sold me a Saab 9-3 2015 disk which absolutely does not work and refused to refund me. It's clearly badly made software wise - someone's head tried to dump new maps into a copy of the older version and it does not work.

When I've time I intend to warn others more widely and try and get my money back, via any legal, cheap (timee, money) ways possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I personally wouldn't disrespect a dodgy Sat Nav seller.

He might be Charles Atlas. :eek:

We are one of the few Teleatlas distributors and we also re-sell the genuine Mercedes disks. I can assure you there is very little margin on the disks as we sell lower than Mercedes RRP.

Alfie, I interpreted the comment to be aimed at the likely margins on dodgy fake copies rather than legitimate copies purchased through official channels.

The issue is that whilst it IS a genuine Becker Map Pilot, it has been hacked so that it could have the latest maps installed at (presumably) zero cost to the seller.

They've agreed to give me a refund rather too quickly, so they clearly know that these units aren't 100% kosher...

I'm going back to Google Maps on my iPhone.

Waze!!! Best sat nav by far!!!

Lennox said:
Waze!!! Best sat nav by far!!!

You're the second person to sing the praises of that app, I downloaded it after a colleague said it was the best thing since broadband

I hated it, I've always used Scout which is far better. Nothing beats google maps though, if only they had camera locations and vehicle speed it would be the God of Satnav apps

You're the second person to sing the praises of that app, I downloaded it after a colleague said it was the best thing since broadband

I hated it, I've always used Scout which is far better. Nothing beats google maps though, if only they had camera locations and vehicle speed it would be the God of Satnav apps

Used tomtom for last 6 years but now converted to Waze especially as i have unlimited data plan.... speed camera software runs in the background and updates at least 4 times per month so is up to date.... will checkout Scout for curiosity and see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waze is google maps!!!! Lol

It also adds social data to add in speed cameras etc.

So it is exactly what you asked for!

Just contact ebay . Go to resolution centre . Open a case , then after a number of days, the seller has not refunded you the cost of the becker radio .Ask Ebay to step in and help .You will get your refund ,i can say that its 100% sure you will get the cash back .But you need to return it to the seller tracked and signed for .Ebay is a nasty place at times .Items i have had, over time , that have been faulty is no ones business .But i dont loose .If the item is no good, then i work with the seller to sort it out ourselves . If not Ebay support is the way

I've threatened eBay support with vendors and 100% of the time they have buckled and give me either a full refund with no return or paid for return.

Lennox said:
Waze is google maps!!!! Lol It also adds social data to add in speed cameras etc. So it is exactly what you asked for!

But the Waze app looks like my six year old designed it with the addition of no speed, that's what bugs me. Deleted halfway through a journey and went back to Scout, lol

But the Waze app looks like my six year old designed it with the addition of no speed, that's what bugs me. Deleted halfway through a journey and went back to Scout, lol

Eh there is speed on it?!?!? Have you actually used Waze??? Lol
20959db60c3ef7e943c1082ce57d62cf.png

Last edited:
Lennox said:
Eh there is speed on it?!?!? Have you actually used Waze??? Lol

The time I used it was last November, has it got speed cameras on there with visible and audible warnings?

Lennox said:
Yip!!!! Has had for the past two years!!

God knows what crappy version I had then, lol. I see the skin hasn't changed though it looks too cartoony for me

God knows what crappy version I had then, lol. I see the skin hasn't changed though it looks too cartoony for me

Well if the design, font and colours are not to one liking there is nothing I can do for you. I just use it coz it works. Simples.

The added social data is a massive bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom