Warning, Dodgy Ebay seller superjojos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've read through this post with some interest.
I have been looking for a 2nd set of wheels as I like to have a winter set. My ebay searches took me to wheeldoctor, and from there the guy directed me to his website, supersport wheels.
I have spoken to Perry Waterman several times today. I'd been tempted by these (without the ditchfinder tyres obviously, at £650 for the set which seems something of a bargain at first blush..

18 Inch AMG Alloy Wheels & Tyres - Super Sport Wheels

I started googling this chap, and ended up here. As I was reading, he called me back. I was quite candid and told him I'd certainly buy the wheels if they were genuine. I told him I'd seen a thread here which was less than complimentary about him, and it would be prudent of me to quiz him on this. He said one always has some unhappy customers. OK, perhaps, but these were serious allegations being made here. His version is that a director ar Ronal in Germany is a good freind of his. That's how he gets these so cheap. They are stamped with the part number, but it's a German part number, not the UK one (!?). He assured me the wheels are made by Ronal and therefore genuine. He is happy to offer a refund if I'm not happy with them (although I note from some posts above this can prove akin to removing blood from a stone) and would be happy for me to pay by credit card so I have a greater level of protection.
Now, as a lawyer who also does cage fighting, I'm not the person he wants to upset too much. If his email trail is sufficiently explicit that these are genuine Ronal / AMG wheels, and he's happy for me to pay by credit card (and knowing my profession and "hobby"), and take the order, and knowing I'll email photos of the wheels to Ronal and asking them if they look genuine, and comparing weights to genuine ones, he'd have to be barking mad to be trying to pull a fast one.

Also, his ebay feedback is 100%. All quite curious.

They are stamped with the part number, but it's a German part number, not the UK one (!?).

I don't know anything about the bloke, his company or his wheels but that sounds like bull**** to me.

Well, here you go....

Yesterday:-
Dear Perry,

Many thanks for your time earlier, and your reply below.

I have said that I am more than happy to proceed if these wheels are indeed genuine and that remains my position.

I say that having searched your name, and found a few rather unsavory comments, with suggestions that you pop up on ebay under different guises from time to time. In short, the suggestion is that the wheels you sell are not genuine AMG ones. I see from your ebay feedback that you have sold individual AMG wheels and listed part numbers for those items, so I am a little confused by your explanation that these:-

http://www.supersportwheels.co.uk/shop/product.php?id_product=23

will not have mercedes part numbers on as they were for the German market only. I'm not sure that's correct. Please see here:-

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/mercedes_alloy_wheels/c_class_saloon_w203_alloys/18_amg_iv_2pc_wheel_286

These are the wheels I was describing to you earlier, with the AMG logo on them as you can see. Also, you'll see, as far as one can tell, that they are identical to your photo, save for the AMG logo. They are also 2 piece wheels by the look of it. Not clear if yours are? I can't imagine they did 2 piece and imitation 2 piece? But, they are over £3,600 so naturally I'm left curious.

I have also heard someone say that Ronal no longer make AMG wheels. I guess I could clarify that tomorrow with Ronal directly. Do you have a photo of the markings on the back of the wheel you could send me? You said you had one display one in stock. I know you have a website, but do you have business premises? A shop with a physical presence is more re-assuring to deal with. I grew up in Borehamwood and lived there for 20 years. I have friends there who could visit you and pick up the wheels for me which would avoid the possibility of damage in transit.

Bottom line here Perry...if they're genuine, I want them. If they're not genuine, then as a lawyer who at the weekend has worked for fun as a doorman, and is now passionate about cage fighting / MMA (doing not watching), I'd not be the best person to try to pull a fast one with.

This message is not a threat of any kind. Merely an open dialogue so we both know where we stand.

If you are genuine, let's get this done. If not, you should walk away now.

Today:-
Dear Perry,

You kindly called me earlier and assured me again that the wheels were genuine, and made by Ronal.

I have spoken to Ronal.

When I asked whether I could direct them to a photo of a wheel to ascertain if it was one they made, I was greeted with the query as to whether "supersport wheels" were the subject of my enquiry. It seems they have such requests on a regular basis. I was told the wheels you sell are not AMG, and are not made by Ronal. The "certificate of authenticity" provided with the wheels is apparently something which a child could "knock up" on a computer in a few minutes, and looks as convincing. Ronal are regularly told that you have professed to be personal friends with a director at Ronal, hence your ability to source these wheels.

I did tell you not to try to sell me fake wheels for a high power car in which I transport my family. You have had an extremely lucky escape in so far as I have not bought these wheels from you, but I shall add to the thread in the MB forum to make others aware of what has transpired.

There is nothing wrong with selling replica wheels so long as you are genuine in your description of them, and so long as the quality is satisfactory / safe. However, to knowingly pedal what appear to be blatant lies casts doubt over your entire operation and I am left unable to take a word you say seriously.

It follows of course that you will not be getting your hands on my money.

Regards

Last edited:
Does this mean that you're not going to kick his ass?

Surely this sort of hard evidence should be handed over to trading standards or better still, customs and excise (who also take a very dim view of importing fakes)?

This guy needs shutting down permanently.

I get the feeling from Ronal that they are not best pleased with this individual and have certain plans for Mr Perry Waterman.

There is a German company called Rondell (Rondell - Home)

They have a multi-piece model "0085" (Rondell - 0085), that is very similar to AMG IV and looks like this:

Rondell_0085.jpg

0085.jpg

There are different sizes as well. A couple of months back a 19" factory new set of these was around 700-800 Euros in Germany.

Although the picture on the Supersportwheels website shows a single piece wheel with a different valve position to Rondell 85, they very well might in fact be Rondells. Especially if he swears they are 'genuine' German and multi-piece. In any case I would buy direct from Germany and save 25-30% off what he sells.

Of course, they could be TSW Bremmas, in which case they are single piece.

I'm still giggling at the fact we have a cage fighting lawyer on here :D

But surely you should be a cage fighting solicitor :thumb: unless your are merkin :eek:

I'm still giggling that someone who claims to be a lawyer would be amatuerish enough to refer to being a cage fighter / door man in a supposedly serious email...

I'm still giggling that someone who claims to be a lawyer would be amatuerish enough to refer to being a cage fighter / door man in a supposedly serious email...

True, I didn't want to say that in case it's true :devil:

I'm involved in the nightlife industry and employ such folks so I know which way these things can go.. :thumb:

I'll beat you up and then sue you. :doh:

Why would you want to tell him you are a cage fighter ? would you tell him if you were a lollypop man ?

All true I'm afraid. Did around 2 years of door work at Bagleys Studios in Kings Cross mainly, but other venues as well. This was some years ago. More recently, ran a Ju-Jitsu club in Bedfordshire for several years, and since re-locating to Cheltenham, am spoiled with a great selection of top MMA clubs on my doorstep. My first night training at one, I had the pleasure / honour to be partnered with Ronnie Mann (google him).

Redbaron, it was a semi-serious email, but not sent in my professional capacity. Given what I have read on here and elsewhere about Perry's activities, allegedly selling fake wheels, refusing refunds, making multiple claims on people's cards etc, I suspected the fact that I was a lawyer might not deter him from business as usual. Whilst he had no way of knowing that as a respectable pillar of community, I'd never take the law into my own hands, I wondered whether reference to this "hobby" might make him think twice before trying to shaft me. Apparently not.
But yes, I do take selling knock off wheels seriously as it potentially puts lives at risk especially when they are fitted to a car which will reach very high speeds on a track.
I've no problem with my little exchange causing a little "entertainment", nor do I have any issue with a little fun being poked so long as it's all good spirited.
The main reason for posting however, is to inform others who might find themselves in the position I was in a couple of days ago, so that they can make their own mind up on the basis of reality rather than fantasy. Clearly from his ebay feedback, there are many people sufficiently gullible to fall for his personable patter. :)

So is now not a good time to post the Alex Reid / Cross dressing links? (that'll spice up the google ad's no end!

hi bishy just seen your post about ! perry waterman I am having real problems getting my money back I bought a BMW 19 inch wheel rear one and the guy sent me a front he said it would take another 2 weeks to get one I said I wanted my money back he has the wheel now and 5 weeks later I still hve no refund so upset about this

If you paid by card then contact your card issuer and raise a claim. It's actually that simple ...

God only knows why a BMW owner would make his first post here on an ancient thread ...

If you paid by card then contact your card issuer and raise a claim. It's actually that simple ...

God only knows why a BMW owner would make his first post here on an ancient thread ...

Top result on a Google search?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom