Washing my new C250

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you really want to go all out, coat your paintwork in C1. Nothing will beat it in durability and will recduce the chance dramatically in creating marring and swirls. Safe washes will become very easy.

KR
Mike

C1?

Does it have a full name?

If you do bite the bullet, then make sure you test it on another panel. It's made for pro use only as it's easy to make a mess of. Once you have the nak at applying it your good to go. Plus curing time has been increased in the product, so application is much easier.

As advised earlier in the thread i think the 2 bucket method/mitten method is best(i personally still use a proper chamois leather after)but be very careful if you use a pressure washer(i wouldn't use one on the paintwork but have on the wheel arches/underside).

Pressure washer is the best thing you can use to remove dirt before contact with the paintwork. If you use a fan type nozzle, down to as little as 10 degrees, you will be fine. The problems start when people use those tornado nozzles for patio cleaning or use them on rust spots.

The problem with not using a PW is tap pressure is nowhere near as powerful and you do little more than wet the car. The rinse stage should be about removing dirt not just wetting the car.

Only pro detailers can buy C1. No one will sell it to you as an amateur. You can cause damage that will require heavy machine compounding to sort out. It is fantastic though and it would be worth paying a pro detailer to apply it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom