Water in the foot well (W124)!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having BTDT with the problem you are having, I would suggest the following:
1. Check the rubber drain grommets just behind the front wheel arches on either side of the car and make sure they are clear.
2. Check the rainwater drain holes at either end of the front windscreen bottom located at the end of the fron drain channel. They tend to get blocked up with crud and the front passenger one will then overflow and direct water down the front of the black plastic cover behind the battery. Check that this cover is fitted correctly as water if it gets behind here can get to the front bulkhead and into the passenger compartment.
3. Check that the rubber covers over the wiper motor etc are fitted correctly. They clip in place with rubber grove clips. Check also that the rubber strip at the bottom of the windscreen is clipped in place correctly. This also tends to get bunged up with dirt and debris.
4. Check that the two drain holes which run down underneath the fron mesh in front of the wiper motor are clear.
5. Check the a/c drain tubes we have already mentioned.
6. Have you had your windscreen replaced?

Great info, thanks,

1. 2. & 4. have been checked and are good and clear.

3. needs to be checked, especially the cover to the A/C intake vent.

5. will be addressed when I have time to get the transmission side wall carpets off, (thanks for the steer on how to do that).:thumb:

6. the windscreen is original, has the MB clear blue strip at the top and the scratches the first owners diamond ring left on it.:doh:

I know it is toooo late

Hi all,
This is too late ,but at last I managed to reach the drainage of the AC on the left side and I was shocked to see the left drainage was totaly ruined:eek:
I sat in the car upside down (head in the foot well and legs in the head area :eek:.
I removed the lower fascia underneath the steering wheel and the carpet that covers the transmission wall(very tricky to remove),I removed the drainage,it was a plastic ring that holds the tube and a damaged (ruined) tube,the tube outside surface is made of rubber (thin rubber) and the inside surface is made of sponge ,anyway I replaced all these with my way of drainage,a normal small hose and screwed clamp.
Now the AC is draining well with dry foot well.
I think I have to do the same for the right side.
see attached pics.

Attachments

• 070920121142.jpg
    070920121142.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 080920121143.jpg
    080920121143.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Sum a good bit of work there ,this post will be a lerning to owners that have water in the footwell.You should thank all the members that have assisisted you along the way , but i am sure you already have .This post should be a sticky

Thanks optimusprime.
I have learned a lot of skills from this forum members,they are amazing members and am grateful to all of them.
I would like to thank them all for their support and help,without you I wouldn't have done anything.
THANK YOU ALL
Concerning sticky posts,I have no idea about doing so.
Mohammad

A great thread so thanks for posting. Assume that Mods can create a sticky if not already done so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom