• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

weird problems are most fun when fixed

ghouluk

Car
clk320
yesterday i had a good fault (thats one that got fixed and made me smile in the process) so i thought id share.

car is a w208 clk320

last night the ac/interior fans refused to work, and the dash lights around the controls were all out.

All other electrics worked fine, but in that bank of controls, only the heated rear windscreen was working.....having been messing with my troublesome bluetooth for a while, i figured i knocked some wires out or similar....so took the whole stereo out, checked all connections etc and all looked fine....decided to goto bed and set the alarm for 5am when it was a little bit lighter ;) got up, checked cleaned and reseated all relevant fuses....still no joy.

put everything back together and was idly sitting there pressing random buttons while thinking of what to do next when suddenly everything kicked back into life.....turns out if you press the EC button down 1/2 way it will lock out and give this fault - replicated it a few times.

mmm could have saved myself some time, but at least its fixes

fascinated....anyone know is this generic or unique to my car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom