• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What irritates you about motorbikers?

When we were younger defective lights was a sure way of being pulled over at night, not so much for the lack of lighting necessarily, but as an excuse for the police to check if the driver had been drinking.

After reading recently that in some areas police won't be attending burglary scenes of crime, unless somebody was injured, it makes me wonder how many police are available for this type of work.

But it's not limited to the UK with tales that the whole of Oregon (which is similar in size to the UK) sometimes manages with less than 50 police on duty across the whole state.

Certainly here in the Glasgow area , and further afield for that matter , police patrols on motorways and other roads are quite visible , and I regularly see people at the roadside with them , although whether they have been pulled , or broken down with police stopping to assist I can't say .

Certainly here in the Glasgow area , and further afield for that matter , police patrols on motorways and other roads are quite visible , and I regularly see people at the roadside with them , although whether they have been pulled , or broken down with police stopping to assist I can't say .

We tend to see plenty of non police highway patrols, but around London the M25, M4, M3, M40 tend to be almost police free. You do see the odd police car now and again and I've noticed a few unmarked cars, BMWs etc, on some stretches, but obviously only when they've stopped someone.

London is busy, more so in the evenings, but that's the same anywhere I guess.

I think most motorcyclists are quite good at driving. I had my wing mirror hit once by one but 99% are good at driving. I think the subject line should change from motorbikers to cyclists. They are a danger to cars and more then that pedestrians, some even to themselves. Like today in the fog one was riding down the wrong side of the road. I know most say they are doing it for the environment but most just do it because its cheap (no petrol or insurance costs, mot etc), avoid traffic or to lose weight/be healthy. I think the lack of the legal requirements placed on them means they can do whatever they feel like on the road or footpath!!

Sunday, A17 a convoy of Blue Knights motorcycle 'club.'
Now I'm well aware who the members of this club are hence their air of superiority while riding, even without their blue lights BUT it was some of the worst, most obstructive and at times downright ridiculous riding I've ever seen on uk roads.

Later, when I stopped at a service station a couple were chatting about how scared and intimidated they found that many bikes around their car on the roundabout and then riding in front and behind them on mass.

Rant over

I am a motorcyclist.
I am a driver.

Thanks to all the people who look out for us - we are vulnerable and need to be treated as such.

Of course, firstly we should look after ourselves and ride according.

Think Once. Think Twice. Think Bike. ....... if you can remember.

Think Once. Think Twice. Think don't drive your car on the pavement..... RIP Mel.

I have nothing against a motorbike that isn't unnecessarily loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom