What should I do? (ICE)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve_Perry said:
Quick Pammy!!! Some bird has nicked your motor :D :p

Actually the silver grille blends nicely with the rest of the car.

S.
Funnily enough Steve that's what I thought. I first thought Jason'd been stalking me but then saw that one's got the silver grille - unless he's fiddled with that too:eek: She does look quite a bit like me:eek: - that'll get you wondering now:D

Do like the silver grille - that will have to be done at some stage;) possy buffday pressie:D

pammy said:
Funnily enough Steve that's what I thought. I first thought Jason'd been stalking me but then saw that one's got the silver grille - unless he's fiddled with that too:eek: She does look quite a bit like me:eek: - that'll get you wondering now:D
It wasn't Jason that did the photo editing work, it was me :) . Oh btw I'm not stalking you...but did you know you left your bathroom light on? ;)

Shude said:
It wasn't Jason that did the photo editing work, it was me :) . Oh btw I'm not stalking you...but did you know you left your bathroom light on? ;)
Sorry m8 - and Jason - besmirching your reputation like that:D and damn - I must remember to turn that light off:rolleyes: :D

Woodstock in

Woo Hoo!! stage one complete:bannana: :rock: :bannana:

Harrogate Mercedes rock:rock: Went in - fluttered said eyelashes and lo and behold -- the Woodstock is now in and playing merrily:D

Had to spoil it with the dumb blonde bit - have left a CD in the merc unit:mad: :crazy: :mad: Wouldn't mind - but I'd said to myself as I was driving down - don't forget to take out the CD!!

DOOHHH!!!

Lost track of how many times I have done the same thing Pammy so not exclusive to blonds :D

Hi Pammy, what do you think of the woodstock, I put a DAB-52 in my van basically for the Aux inputs for my PC, but so far I'm quite dissapointed with it. It seems rather gutless. The DAB radio is crystal clear though.

I think I need bigger and better speakers... the 4" supplied are fairly tinny in sound, I upgraded these to 3 ways cones, but they are still lightweight.

lotusmark2 said:
DOOHHH!!!

Lost track of how many times I have done the same thing Pammy so not exclusive to blonds :D
:D Guess the saving grace is I have the "tools"! to take out the Woodstock and it was a VERY easy swap over, so I could just reconnect the MB head unit to get the power and take it out - but another day:D

craigyb said:
Hi Pammy, what do you think of the woodstock, I put a DAB-52 in my van basically for the Aux inputs for my PC, but so far I'm quite dissapointed with it. It seems rather gutless. The DAB radio is crystal clear though.

I think I need bigger and better speakers... the 4" supplied are fairly tinny in sound, I upgraded these to 3 ways cones, but they are still lightweight.
Mine's the same model and I love it - but you do need reasonable speakers and if you want real guts, then prob an amp too. But as I'm not in the sonic demolition business, it does for me. It's the MP3 capability that I really wanted. Haven't got the DAB connected yet, waiting for a suitable antenna to come on the market - but loved it in my MGF:D I had 6" Infinity speakers which were not bad:D Will look at speakers for the SLK when I've had the unit in a bit and see if I really need 'em;)

pammy said:
Do like the silver grille - that will have to be done at some stage;) possy buffday pressie:D

Does that mean we get to see you in the buff then Pammy? :devil:

GRAV888 said:
Does that mean we get to see you in the buff then Pammy? :devil:
You don't;)

lotusmark2 said:
Hey GRAV Pammy said you dont, didn't mention me :bannana: ;)
pmsl @GRAV and the Lanc lad:D

pammy said:
I'm not in the sonic demolition business

pah your not fun

you knwo when its too loud when you get structural damage on yoru car (yes i have seen a noavs roof split clean in half from nothing but bass so it does happen)

So tell us Pammy, did you finally decide on what to do and get it sorted?
I've just spent the weekend soundproofing the doors on my NON-Bose SLK withe the "kev" dynamat Extreme, and I have to say thatthe difference is quite amazing! compared to the stock door with the factory speakers I reckon that I am getting an extra 3dB output from my JVC Chameleon sexy flt black panel HU without extra amps!
That said I definatley need an external amp and want to add some rear subs ala Bose behind the rear seats.
Finally got the courage to remove the carpet enough to see where the Bose factory fit subs are fitted behind the seats. Naturally the next question is, can I purchase the original Bose items from main dealer or should I go for something better? In truth I dont really know, but as far as I can tell, the facory Bose setup is dedicated to the MB branded head unit as it has the active filtering for the Bose amp bulit in rather than the filtering being done in the bose amp! maybe someone with the knowledge can advise! Any hows I just gotta get sommat sorted now I started. PS I also got that "crap" bit o sellotape for a DAB aerial and have still yet to find an alternative. Though I believe that the MB solution is a stubby mast on the nearside rear wing, or is that for GPS or GSM? I dunno but the blue spot one looks like the best solution so far
So whaqddya rekon.

As a general enquiry does anyone know if you can retrofit an auto dimming rear view mirror to SLK?

Trig - atm I'm sticking with the Woodstock head unit and MB speakers. They work just fine - have no prob's with volume or bass so am happy with what I have.

General opinion tho seems to suggest unless you have ff BOSE then don't retrofit - go for something else instead.

You're a brave chap tho taking up your carpets n stuff :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom