• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What those cameras on A13 near Barking/Dagenham?

I hate this piece of road (which i too drive very often) because of idiots doing 70, often on the inside ....

Ever thought about using the inside lane. :devil:

If people are able to undertake doing 70 in the inside lane then obviously everyone is using the middle and outside lanes leaving the inside lane empty, but if people were using the inside line correctly when not overtaking then this would not happen. The lane discipline in this country is shocking espcecially around London. :wallbash:

Ever thought about using the inside lane. :devil:

:confused: i'm with everyone else on the outside lane queing up to pass the usual middle lane hoggers

I never undertake.

The issue i have is with the idiots who jump the que by hammering up the inside lane and weaving in and out of the inside and middle lanes in an attempt to "beat the traffic".

You see it everday if you commute on the A13.

The limit is stupidly low for the majority of the road but then why are the accident stat's so high?

Regardless it will be bumper to bumper at 51mph soon anyway:(.

nice to see the police state is taking root on the A13. Of course it is not a revenue generator...........

A rumour went around a year or so ago that the new highway signs on the M4 west of reading also had these but thankfully this has been proved incorrect.

nice to see the police state is taking root on the A13. Of course it is not a revenue generator...........

A rumour went around a year or so ago that the new highway signs on the M4 west of reading also had these but thankfully this has been proved incorrect.

There is a trap for those not familiar in this area and I am sure a lot had been caught driving away from central London on the last Gatso speed camera on the A13 near Dagenham, it meant to be 40mph but just 5 metres away it said 50mph. :eek:

Normally that sign is supposed to remind motorists the speed limit is 50mph in a 40mph zone. Which is which?

I drive the A13 about 1 a week, early in the morning. Cruise Control, Lane 1, 40 mph.

Sure it's a low limit for the road, but it has a lot of people coming on and off it all along it, so I can see both sides of the argument.

But my argument is simple. Cruise control at 40 mph means I know I'm within the limits and I don't have to watch for cameras etc. I can spend more time looking for hazzards, such as the aforementioned idiots going at insane speeds, or dogs, footballs, kids, etc.

I hate this stretch as well because of idiots doing 40 often in the middle and outside lanes.

So, I'm an idiot than.

I have never driven this road but if I were to drive any 40 mph road, and lane 1 and/or lane 2 has slower traffic in it, then you'll find me overtaking AT THE SPEED LIMIT in lane 3. If that is 40, then I will be doing 40.

My local bit of M6 has a 40mph limit through roadworks. I came through there the other night at 40. A HGV sat right up my rear all the way though, and kept flashing me. For what? Not breaking the law. Muppet.

So, I'm an idiot than.

I have never driven this road but if I were to drive any 40 mph road, and lane 1 and/or lane 2 has slower traffic in it, then you'll find me overtaking AT THE SPEED LIMIT in lane 3. If that is 40, then I will be doing 40.

My local bit of M6 has a 40mph limit through roadworks. I came through there the other night at 40. A HGV sat right up my rear all the way though, and kept flashing me. For what? Not breaking the law. Muppet.

Nothing wrong if you overtake on lane 3 at 40. Its the idiots who hog the lane at 40 and cause a tailback that I cant stand.

Nothing wrong if you overtake on lane 3 at 40. Its the idiots who hog the lane at 40 and cause a tailback that I cant stand.

I was stopped by a plod on motorcycle driving at 40mph for staying on the slow lane while this idiot was on the fast lane doing 30mph. He said I would end up in jail and should overtake on the fast lane while this idiot was hugging the fast lane at 30mph refusing to move to the middle or slow lane.:eek:

I was let off by the plod.:bannana:

So, I'm an idiot than.

Where you in the inside lane? If so then he was in the wrong and should have just overtaken you if he wanted to go faster than that. However if you were in the middle lane, then you are in the wrong as a HGV cannot use the outside lane, then you should have moved out of his away and let him overtake you as you are not the police and it is not up to you to decide what speed people drive at.

So, I'm an idiot than.

Where you in the inside lane? If so then he was in the wrong and should have just overtaken you if he wanted to go faster than that. However if you were in the middle lane, then you are in the wrong as a HGV cannot use the outside lane, then you should have moved out of his away and let him overtake you as you are not the police and it is not up to you to decide what speed people drive at.

IIRC HGV have their speedo calibrated and run 100% accurate, passenger vehicles run 10% fast (so manufactures don't get into litigation on speeding fines).

You were doing 40mph by your speedo but to the HGV you were running slow.

As said if you were in lane 1 then GHV should overtake, if safe, otherwise should back off.

If you were in lane 2 you should move over as soon as possible.

Worth bearing in mind that if you get caught undertaking it will almost definitely lead to a ban.

Recent example undertake in roadworks on the M1 South Yorkshire, 50 mph posted limit monitored by SPECS, undertake speed 62 mph (not the crime of the century) court sentence £200 fine, 56 day ban and 6 points. ouch!!!!!

Worth bearing in mind that if you get caught undertaking it will almost definitely lead to a ban.

Recent example undertake in roadworks on the M1 South Yorkshire, 50 mph posted limit monitored by SPECS, undertake speed 62 mph (not the crime of the century) court sentence £200 fine, 56 day ban and 6 points. ouch!!!!!

Isnt it a pain when your stuck behind some slow idiot who wont move over, and you seem to be the only one who does not undertake them.

As said if you were in lane 1 then GHV should overtake, if safe, otherwise should back off.

If you were in lane 2 you should move over as soon as possible.

Two lanes. I was in lane one, travelling at the 40mph speed limit, as per my speedo.

Lane two had a width restriction of 6' 6".

How can anyone prove I was undertaking. If I see some idiot driving slowly in front of me on the outside lane, I will simply move to the inner lane and maintain a good speed. If I am travelling at such a speed that is fast enough to go past the tool but I am not breaking any speed limits, how can I be prosecuted? Remember the outside lane is for overtaking only. If I am stuck behind an idiot who is not willing to step on it or move over as they should then according to the Highway code I shoud return to the inner lane.

How can anyone prove I was undertaking. If I see some idiot driving slowly in front of me on the outside lane, I will simply move to the inner lane and maintain a good speed. If I am travelling at such a speed that is fast enough to go past the tool but I am not breaking any speed limits, how can I be prosecuted? Remember the outside lane is for overtaking only. If I am stuck behind an idiot who is not willing to step on it or move over as they should then according to the Highway code I shoud return to the inner lane.

There are sensitive eyes on the bikes waiting to stop you what I was done. As this plod told me he could put me in jail for obstructing these guys on the outer land to exit on the left. It stupid, yes it is.:eek:

As they keep saying you cannot change another driver behaviour whether it wrong.

You can say that but not even policemen or OAPs do 40 on that stretch of the Road. It is a 3 lane road and even 4 lanes in some places. I drive on that road daily and I rarely see any driver doing 40 on the road apart from out of towners. Most people do between 55 and 60 and the brave ones like me go up to 70. Just because the speed limit is 40 doesnt mean it is a sensible limit to drive at. If it was I doubt they would be increasing the limit to 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom