Whats an SLR TYPE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
Hi, anyone help - whats an SLR type bluetooth cradle, and will it work with my iPhone? Thanks.

No, the one with SLR looks would be a BT SAP device, the iPhone needs a BT HF puck which is the black puck.

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/product.php?productid=16161&cat=0&page=1&featured

Just for the full story (and to confuse matters a bit!), the North American version of the HF puck looks the same as the European SAP cradle, so if you read about SLR type cradle on US forums remember that.

The reason the Euro SAP cradle wont work with iPhone is that the iPhone doesnt support the Bluetooth profile called SAP

The iPhone V2 software and iPhone 3G actually dont download the phonebook into the HF puck ("HFP") at the moment (also BMW and other manafacturers kit as-well). I'm sure Apple will fix their phone software at some point.

The MBU-2000 (follow link above and look at other cradles) is not a MB product but does work with the new iPhone software / iPhone 3G - it is software upgradable (return to base though) and the manafacturer has brought out software for the cradle that works round the iPhone issues.

There is a MB specific iPhone cradle, which does download the phonebook and charges the iPhone. But it doesnt work in cars with D2B audio system (i.e pre mid 2004 build and W163 ML) as you get echo, and doesnt fit in A/B/CLS and possibly some others also - again pictures/details can be found by following the link above and browsing

Richard

Just for the full story (and to confuse matters a bit!), the North American version of the HF puck looks the same as the European SAP cradle, so if you read about SLR type cradle on US forums remember that.

The reason the Euro SAP cradle wont work with iPhone is that the iPhone doesnt support the Bluetooth profile called SAP

The iPhone V2 software and iPhone 3G actually dont download the phonebook into the HF puck ("HFP") at the moment (also BMW and other manafacturers kit as-well). I'm sure Apple will fix their phone software at some point.

The MBU-2000 (follow link above and look at other cradles) is not a MB product but does work with the new iPhone software / iPhone 3G - it is software upgradable (return to base though) and the manafacturer has brought out software for the cradle that works round the iPhone issues.

There is a MB specific iPhone cradle, which does download the phonebook and charges the iPhone. But it doesnt work in cars with D2B audio system (i.e pre mid 2004 build and W163 ML) as you get echo, and doesnt fit in A/B/CLS and possibly some others also - again pictures/details can be found by following the link above and browsing

Richard

Reason i asked is that my C55 has SLR cradle. Will i be able to slot my HFP cradle straight into the socket and pair it up with my iphone, which i can still use as it is unlocked version and not been updated with latest software.

Reason i asked is that my C55 has SLR cradle. Will i be able to slot my HFP cradle straight into the socket and pair it up with my iphone, which i can still use as it is unlocked version and not been updated with latest software.

Yes, then sell the other cradle on eBay

(all C55's are facelifted arent they ... i've assumed so) - since your HFP is already paired with the iPhone, you wont need to re-pair it !

R

Hi guys - I bought a SAP cradle for my CLS (uk) and it works fine with my Nokia N73 - but I cannot get it to work with my Samsung U600.

If I get rid of the SAP module and get the black HFP one, will my Samsung U600 work? or does anyone know of anyway to get the U600 to work in SAP mode (ie via 3rd party software/hack)?

thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom