Whats going on with the boot of this C36

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, or at the very least a Japanese or American spec bootlid, to suit the smaller number plates.

Do I see that it's LHD? USA import then :)

The main difference between pre-facelift bootlids, USA vs Japan is that the USA lids have the remote release solenoid or whatever in them (probably by law) the Euro/Asia ones don't.

agreed looks like a US spec bootlid, the guys on club202 are always chnging these for euro spec ones!, but then it has a wing indicator which i understand the US ones dont?!?! says right hand drive on the description

Alps said:
it has a wing indicator which i understand the US ones dont?!
If it's been legally imported then it will have indicator repeaters.
Alps said:
says right hand drive on the description
Japanese import then. I've seen one near me, did a double-take on the bootlid then too! ;)

Last edited:
That's located just round the corner from me
In the March issue of Mercedes Enthusiast, they say that the C36 is one of the top 10 future classics.

Last edited:
I have heard rumours that cars for the Japanese market do not get as much rust protection as European cars. This isn't an issue in Japan but the use of salt on UK roads hits them hard, could be just a rumour to scare people away from grey imports? If it is ex-Japan unless it has a new tacho the mileage would be in kms.

dougal74 said:
I have heard rumours that cars for the Japanese market do not get as much rust protection as European cars. This isn't an issue in Japan but the use of salt on UK roads hits them hard, could be just a rumour to scare people away from grey imports? If it is ex-Japan unless it has a new tacho the mileage would be in kms.

This is true, I used to be into Jap imports back in the day, but used to waxoyl them all underneath... But the point is, a 10 yr old jap car usually has no rust, whereas a Uk model will have all the problems we often see on here by the time its 6/7 yrs old...

dougal74 said:
I have heard rumours that cars for the Japanese market do not get as much rust protection as European cars.

This doesn't apply to MB cars.

I'll leave you to work that one out.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom