While we are on the subject of Police....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_b

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
In my spare time I am an Independant Custody Visitor. Means I turn up at Police stations at random to check that they are treating those in custody in accordance with the rules - which include such things as having a means of finding Mecca, as well as 'have you been informed of your rights'?

Fascinating to do, really get to see just what goes on behind the counter in a police station. Mostly have contact with custody sergeants and inspectors, and of course their 'clients'.

I've recently done a couple of visits on busy nights, where things are fairly bedlamic - overcrowded, systems not working properly and some very troubled and troublesome people.

I'm usually surprised just how well things actually work in such madness, and astounded that the police - particularly custody sergeants - manage to remain calm, collected and civilised in the face of such provocation.

I think if more people actually saw what happens behind the scenes, most would have a rather different picture of what goes on. There is evidence of doughnuts though:)

Do they hide the Van Der Graaf generator and fly leads before you get there ?

I've been working behind the counter (as a contractor) in a busy custody suite when the 'punters' get brought in and it can be rather amusing..
One of my staff rang me whilst laughing, to say there was one guy trying to jump over the 5 foot high counter.:rolleyes:

Do they hide the Van Der Graaf generator and fly leads before you get there ?

I think that's what Colin means by treating them right..he gets to throw the switch..

In my spare time I am an Independant Custody Visitor. Means I turn up at Police stations at random to check that they are treating those in custody in accordance with the rules - which include such things as having a means of finding Mecca, as well as 'have you been informed of your rights'?

Fascinating to do, really get to see just what goes on behind the counter in a police station. Mostly have contact with custody sergeants and inspectors, and of course their 'clients'.

I've recently done a couple of visits on busy nights, where things are fairly bedlamic - overcrowded, systems not working properly and some very troubled and troublesome people.

I'm usually surprised just how well things actually work in such madness, and astounded that the police - particularly custody sergeants - manage to remain calm, collected and civilised in the face of such provocation.

I think if more people actually saw what happens behind the scenes, most would have a rather different picture of what goes on. There is evidence of doughnuts though:)

Might take a few years for that to make it into the OED :)

Was he being chased by Pammy? :D

In his dreams :D :D

Custody sergeants are a special breed! Most of ours are top notch.

i think the custody ones do a good job too. Al least all i have spoken to have been quite polite and nice. seem o take a while to get to the desk though.
are these police or police staff?

You lot don't know you've been born when it comes to cops.

I've had US cops draw their guns on me for speeding on the freeway & had friends literally run for their lives from police in Mexico, who are a law unto themselves & the most vicious gang in a land of vicious gangs.

You bump into some snotnose ****y adolescent in a uniform who doesn't call you "Sir" or "Ma'am" with enough alacrity & subservience & you want a UN investigation.

Please.

I've had US cops draw their guns on me for speeding on the freeway & had friends literally run for their lives from police in Mexico, who are a law unto themselves & the most vicious gang in a land of vicious gangs.

You bump into some snotnose ****y adolescent in a uniform who doesn't call you "Sir" or "Ma'am" with enough alacrity & subservience & you want a UN investigation.

Please.

Different stories on the other side of the pond. It depends where you are in US.

LA, SF, NY, MIA are known rats areas however if you are Wyoming or Vermont, it paradises. :D

Please.

forget about that mate. lived in west africa for over 20 years so i know a lot about police brutality. if you want cases, i have them plentiful.
E.g if you are a motorist you must pay when you come across them. offence or not. but then they do not have road tax, emmision charges and speeding fines so it kind of balances out.
Oh and you can ket killed regularly if you don't pay up.
we do not live in the US so we can not expect the same laws.
Am i right in thinking that burglars get shot on a regular basis there?

Oh and you can get killed regularly if you don't pay up.

Do they bring you back to life with magic after they kill you , ready for the next time ? ;)

Sounds painful :D

There are no burglars. They've all been shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom