Window Shuddering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shazAMG

Car
See Sig.
Not sure where to post this, but both my windows (CLK w208) shudder when they go up? I take it they need lubricating but where and how?

Thanks

Try spraying silicone spray with the window down, inside the rubber window guides then operate windows up and down, plenty spray will prob sort it.

paul m said:
Try spraying silicone spray with the window down, inside the rubber window guides then operate windows up and down, plenty spray will prob sort it.

silicone spray, I take it thats not wd40? wont the window be constantly dirty? thanks

shazAMG said:
silicone spray, I take it thats not wd40? wont the window be constantly dirty? thanks

Its different mate - get it from halfords!

Yeah another indication of the mechanism needing lubricating is when your windows squeal in the summer.

You need to remove the door cards clean all the old grease/lube off and spray the silicone spray all over the mechanism, does the trick. Oh and any independent car accessory shop will probably be a few quid cheaper than halfords.

Also if its not that then the rubber trim is probably worn and needs replacing or cleaning.

How easy is it to remove the door card from a W208? I wouldn't mind slightly beefier front speakers but have been scared off that plan by the fact it would mean taking off the door cards.

Obviously if I went to the trouble of pulling off the door cards to fit speakers I'd give the window mechanism a good old clean too.

Rose Chap said:
How easy is it to remove the door card from a W208? I wouldn't mind slightly beefier front speakers but have been scared off that plan by the fact it would mean taking off the door cards.

Obviously if I went to the trouble of pulling off the door cards to fit speakers I'd give the window mechanism a good old clean too.
You can take the door cards off in literally 5 minutes. It's about 4 screws and a bunch of clips.

Shude said:
and a bunch of clips.
............that are pennies from the stealer when you break them:rolleyes:

GRAV888 said:
............that are pennies from the stealer when you break them:rolleyes:
I pleaded poverty and got some for free, I took the dead ones in as evidence ;)

You can remove the weather strip on the door, and clean the plastic strip. It should just be clipped in and normally this rectifies the juddering.

Just done a bit of poking around on the benzworld forum and apparently audio upgrades when you have a Bose sound package installed (like I have) are unbelievably hard due to the speakers having different ohm ratings and suchlike.

Therefore, taking off the door card will just be for window mechanism lubrication!

KLP 92, what's a weather strip?

Its the strip thats runs at the base of the window on the outside of the door.

I've given every1 a thanks, window juddering now gone! I have a new porblem now, alot of creeking coming from the dash area? I think the creeking has started since lowering...:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom