Window tints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No i was referring to gchild not giving Old School a call for a quote as we recommended them. And "I" should have read You. Sorry for all the :confused: :confused:

No i was referring to gchild not giving Old School a call for a quote as we recommended them. And "I" should have read You. Sorry for all the :confused: :confused:

No probs Peter :)

Just had me confused for a moment! :eek:

Will

tints done by pentagon. looks like a decent job, time will tell.

telling the insurance company cost me a bit though which i wasn't expecting...

you wont regret it, like i said, ive had mine for a while without any probs

hope so. interestingly, they didn't put that furry strip at the base of the windows that you mentioned. i hope the tints don't get scratched! but with climate control should be little reason to open them anyway...

What furry strip?

on the inside, top of door card, that i guess is designed to stop grit or rubbing on to window leaving scratches as it winds up/down

Ah, I see. You mean they removed the existing furry strip and didn't replace it when they installed the tints?

That doesn't sound too great does it?

you wont regret it, like i said, ive had mine for a while without any probs

id ring them and check! ive seen tints with streaks after a few months without hte felt.

Ah, I see. You mean they removed the existing furry strip and didn't replace it when they installed the tints?

That doesn't sound too great does it?

nope, he meant they didnt add additional furry strip to stop the tints from streaking against the cars original one.

Alps, that's right, they didn't put the felt strip in. i will keep an eye on it for now, and return if i notice scratches etc

cheers all

I had an X-Trail tinted at Pentagon when it was only 2 days old.
I sold it at 5 years old & there were no marks or streaks on any of the windows. It only had the standard window rubbers.

Russ

did you get your driver/passenger windows tinted? as I would like mine doing but believe this is illegal?

did you get your driver/passenger windows tinted? as I would like mine doing but believe this is illegal?

The fronts were tinted too but not as dark as the rears. I think they are 'almost' legel- you can see the driver through them, so hopefully would be acceptable to joe policeman

i think getting just the rears done looks silly imo

The fronts were tinted too but not as dark as the rears. I think they are 'almost' legel- you can see the driver through them, so hopefully would be acceptable to joe policeman

i think getting just the rears done looks silly imo

completely agree, I think I will give them a call and get a price for mine. Do you have any pics if yours?

:)

Just gave them a call £240 inc Vat, sounds like a good price...

Last edited:
Is that for your CL? a chap called Lee did mine. I got my FR-V done - will try and get some pics up later

does anyone know if normally window cleaner is ok to use when cleaning the tints? if not, whats the recommendation (other than not getting them dirty in the first place :) )

does anyone know if normally window cleaner is ok to use when cleaning the tints? if not, whats the recommendation (other than not getting them dirty in the first place :) )

A microfibre cloth with a long pile is ideal for cleaning them, if you use an E-cloth you shouldn't need anything other than water. I just got the windows in my old 115 saloon tinted yesterday. To keep it legal I went for a 70% tint front and back. Amazingly given that it is just legal and no more, you cannot really notice any difference. When I saw it first I thought that it wasn't done at all. The tinter had to show me the edge of the film before I would believe him.

Yup legal tints are not dark at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom