• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Would you buy a stolen/recovered car?

Abdul

Car
C63
Hi guys,

Got my eyes on a certain motor right now and it is pretty much a one off car, unfortunately though it's not HPI clear as it is stolen recovered.

Would this put you off buying? I'm not sure what the big deal is personally...

2002 model, 6 previous owners which is about right for a 12 year old car imo. FSH.

Cheers,
Abdul

I bought a porsche turbo stolen recovered, no problem, was half price, Iva had at least 3, the last was a 911SC and did a deal with the insurance co for a grand and they removed the stolen recovered entry

Wow nice one.

How much would you say the car is devalued by the fact that it's stolen recovered?

Could have been nicked in the dead of night with stolen keys, driven, parked up, recovered. Or it could have been spanked across three counties, bounced across roundabouts and kerbs with the constabulary in hot pursuit and the gearbox will be hanging by a thread ready to spit broken teeth all over the place.

FSH on a car like that is about as much use as a catholic christening certificate for that tasty looking blond you saw down the boozer at the weekend. She might be a nice girl, or might have entertained an entire drunken football squad on the team bus during the long journey back from an away match.

It's a risk, that's all I'm saying.

I bought a stolen recovered shogun a few years ago - paid around 30%/40% of the market value of the car had it not been stolen-recovered.

It was a risk, but I didn't mind as I was planning on rebuilding it as an expedition vehicle anyhow. Turned out to have quite a few issues, including some "interesting" items under the seats, and an odd brown stain the boot that looked like dried blood.

M.

Nice, I don't think i'll bother having done some more research. Especially as the car isn't even priced competitively.

Thanks for the input gents.

Hey Abdul,
I am actually interested in your alloys for sale but cannot pm or contact you through the classifieds section. Text me your contact no to 07827774940 & I can call you,
Cheers,
CJ.

Hey Abdul,
I am actually interested in your alloys for sale but cannot pm or contact you through the classifieds section. Text me your contact no to 07827774940 & I can call you,
Cheers,
CJ.

You'll have to shout louder than that to make yourself back in January when he posted!:p

I will pm him with the link to this thread.

Hey Abdul,
Cheers,
CJ.

PM sent.

the last was a 911SC and did a deal with the insurance co for a grand and they removed the stolen recovered entry

I think I missed this thread first time around.

Does that mean someone could do that and sell it in future without having to state it was stolen and recovered?

Sounds like that could be open to abuse if so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom