• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Would you pay over the top for car that was in exceptional condition

Yes I would too, though as pointed out in the posts above; dependant on many things. I think I paid top wack for my E55 but was a good car, not quite the blue I wanted but everything else. I haggled a lot before buying the V and SL though.

Pretty sure I over paid for the E-Class. But it was what I wanted and was the only car available.

So, commit.

Finding the right car, with the colour of your choice, all the options one wants, and low mileage, is hard to find at the best of times, so yes paying over the odds, within reason, yes I would do, I would after a while forget about paying over the odds, as the pleasure of driving and owning a car which ticks all the boxes,, would give a good feeling and pleasure.

Paid over' book' for my e220d Estate, but it was the right car, right colour and exceptionally low mileage with full MB service history.

I always put in my criteria on AT, then sort lowest to highest so probably not. 😂 Then again, I enjoy ‘improving’ my cars, I think if they were all 100% mint I’d get pretty bored.:)

Yes I'm like that too, but I do see the point if it's a car that is hard to get in a particular colour/spec as per some of the posters on here. For something fairly common like my C200 it was more about finding one with lower mileage and no accident damage, with any defects being things I'm happy to sort myself. To be fair though looking at 6+ years old cars I don't expect concours examples. I did find one pretty much mint, but it was 20% more expensive and had quite a few more miles on the clock than the one I bought. I reckon mine compares well to that one now I've done some 'improving' to it. :)

Yes. Absolutely, if it was the spec I was looking for.

Now go and buy it. I promise you won’t regret it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I would yes - I would pay more to get the right car for me.

I’d pay more for the right car too. I really don’t like wasting money but if the car I really really want is a little more and not in reasonably priced, then I’d buy it.

Based upon my own experience the majority of buyers are Mike Brewer wannabes and changers - they bid you in the balls as they want cheap, not good.

Looks like the general consensus is, most people would pay extra for, the totally right car for them. 🙂👍

Certainly, always.

As we see on this forum, and many others, people waste a huge amount of time blathering on about waiting for ideal spec, low mileage, and proper full dealer history

To my mind that IS the right price. That people can pay less for lower spec. normal mileage, and less than perfect service history is as it should be.

It's still a huge discount compared to new, and it's still a substantial discount on a slightly newer car on the same mileage.

It’s also worth having a good read up on the specs of the car you are thinking of (from chassis number)
My most recent purchase had a number of things that I hadn’t expected - adaptive cc, pedestrian detection/avoidance, heated steering wheel and uprated audio system (not the Mark Levinson, sadly) - you may be surprised.
It also had the ‘protection pack’ - rubber mats as well as the carpeted mats, mudflaps, stainless rear bumper protector and rubber boot mat.
Which was nice 🙂

Hi , I do have the itch to change my C207E400.

I have been keeping an eye out for a C Class 6.3 s coupe.

I though I had found a car to inspect , full Mercedes Benz service history , etc etc.

The car was four years old and had been serviced by MB annually but and it's a big but one of the service interval on one service was over twice the mileage recommended interval.

Not for me !

Such a shame.

That would not worry me. One late service that you can see....against all the thrashing from cold and heavy right foot abuse you cant....and you have no way of proving how its been driven one way or the other .I know what Id rather risk. The condition of the car and how it drives NOW is far more important than one stretched service interval. Then of course there is the quality of servicing it receives....you only have to look on this very forum to see folks complaining about main dealer service standards.....wrong oil spec (or even grade!), wrong plugs fitted......So that's good ...its got a full MSH....just overlook the mark on the bumper where the tech reversed it into the ramp and the smoke from the worn bores from bouncing it of the rev limiter from stone cold!!

I though I had found a car to inspect , full Mercedes Benz service history , etc etc.

The car was four years old and had been serviced by MB annually but and it's a big but one of the service interval on one service was over twice the mileage recommended interval.

Not for me !

Such a shame.
What are the specific dates and mileages of the services in question, to precisely calculate the the time and distance covered in that interval?

Four years old & serviced annually? Sserviced three or four times?

How high is that mileage service interval and when? 20,000 during 2020/21?

Just some “in time of Covid-19” issue?

Hardly a dealbreaker, surely?

Not for me !

Such a shame.
There was no 6.3 s.

Four years old & serviced annually? Sserviced three or four times?

How high is that mileage service interval and when? 20,000 during 2020/21?

Just some “in time of Covid-19” issue?

Hardly a dealbreaker, surely?
Maybe something like this one.
It had done 23,174 miles in between services in 2021.
Looks tempting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom