1 0ff clk 55 amg on auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks good, but the seats don't 'do' it for me. If I was looking for a CLK55 W208 that car would stand out as probably the most expensive in the country. Accepting that it may have unique attributes, I simply wouldn't pay extra for it. If I thought I could get near £11K for my well speced 2001 CLK55 I would sell it!

Regardless, good luck with the sale and let us know how you get on. And I agree with wemorgan, list the full history, state of the tyres etc etc

.....and he's not sold his either ;)

£14k is too much, but bear in mind that trade cars are more expensive than privates as they have overheads like warranties etc.

BTW I like your car and think it could sell for decent money if your could prove the credentials you're claiming.

ps. are you going to make the corrections to your advertisement?

Last edited:
You could always post the glasses valuation......

A silver one sold on piston heads about a month ago private it had done 10000 miles less but was up for 13995. best thing i can say is if any of you live in bristol come and have look

C'mon Peter i'm sure you'd like to pitch in here on 55 values

i really like the car, colour and the racing seats.

Good luck with your sale.

OK, a bit more perspective on W208 CLK values. I paid £9500 for mine in February this year; 2001 (51 plate) 68000 miles silver on black standard car with comand, sunroof, heated seats, parktronic, xeons (sic), telephone prep, 6CD, full Merc SH etc. Bought it from a trader who had it for sale at £10995 and had it for about 3 months. It is not perfect - rear arches need sorting hepefully under the rust warranty in August. I thought I paid top price for it at the time. I have watched the values of these cars on Autotrader and they probably haven't come down that much in the last 4 months. If I were selling mine today privately I would advertise for £8500 and hopefully get about £8000 for it.

When I was looking at an E Class estate (as the GL replacement)a few weeks ago at Stratstone South Lakes I asked the salesman to give me a p/x price on my CLK55. He liked it and was keen to take it in to stock as he was short of cars (not that I was selling I just wanted a valuation). He offered me £6250 for it, I didn't bite, but I take that figure as bottom book price for my car - dealers are not known for their generous p/x values, particularly Stratstone. I also ran it through webuyyourcar.com and it gave me a price of £6250 as well. I guess Stratstone would have valeted my CLK, sorted the arches and put it up on their AUC scheme for about £9500 (maybe slightly more). Why some traders and individuals think these cars are worth more than £10K is beyond me, they are afterall, two generations old now.

That should give a current indication of W208 CLK55 Coupe values, from my perspective anyway.

A useful post Peter. Though I fear you and other posters are wasting your time trying to help the OP. As he clearly fails to take all the advice onboard. It's a shame, because if he could properly document the provenance of the car and correct all the spelling mistakes he'd have a decent car to sell.

People just haven't caught up with how much these W208 CLK55s have dropped recently :(

Average examples were £10k a year ago, £8k six months back and now about £6k.

This one earlier today:

2000 MERCEDES CLK55 AMG AUTO SILVER on eBay, also, Mercedes-Benz, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 02-Jun-09 13:12:40 BST)

1 previous owner, 76k miles.

No faults apart from some minor rust blisters on the rear arches which 80% of these cars have anyway. Try and get it done under Mobilo at some point or just get it done for a few hundred quid locally (it's an old/cheap car now anyway).

As nice as the blue one is, I can't see it being worth double? Maybe a couple of grand more if it really is 100% mint (no rust at all, new tyres, just had plugs/discs etc?).

I quite like the colour in a way (it's different) but I'm not sure it adds all that much to the value!

Best of luck with the sale regardless :)

Will

I'll give you £6300 for the car Peter ;)

Good post Peter,

Your right Will it wasn't that long ago (circa two years) when only the 100,000 milers were below 15k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom