129 front sway bar on 124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What sort of speeds?

Only the W126 was built to do those sorts of speeds in the 80's....

;)

The 126 I had would do no more than 140 mph.

The 107 was the same.

These were a 500 SEL and 500SL. Both very stable at high speed.

My 300CE-24 will also do 140 mph but it's never been as stable as the 80s cars. I do believe, however, that this is because I've never had all the underneath rubberwork replaced. Possibly other factors too.

RayH

129 front roll bar requires the mounting brackets to be extended forwards aprox 60mm, if using turbo technics charge pipe, the also need lengthening downwards around 20mm.

211 rear can be made to fit, by moving the mounting bracket backwards, but it was easier to use 171 bar 20mm dia, straight fit.

Last edited:
129 front roll bar requires the mounting brackets to be extended forwards aprox 60mm, if using turbo technics charge pipe, the also need lengthening downwards around 20mm.

211 rear can be made to fit, by moving the mounting bracket backwards, but it was easier to use 171 bar 20mm dia, straight fit.

Did you take any pics of the front bar next to the standart one ?
I like to use a 129 bar on my 201 for rally

The mistake many people make is to assume wander at speed comes from the front suspension but it may come from "self steering" from worn rear suspension components. I would also caution simply increasing the roll stiffness at the front of the car by increasing front roll bar thickness WITHOUT a similar increase in rear roll bar stiffness otherwise this may effect car front/ rear stability in cornering . There is a temptation to do this because the front is an easy change whereas the rear often needs the subframe dropping? I would also look very hard at the 6 ball joints in the steering linkage. Wear there can be hidden by the steering damper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom