• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

163 folding rear seat - Not!

sussex syd

Car
W208 CLK 230K coupe
Anyone help with this? X Reg ML 270 folding rear seat(larger of the two) not folding when operating the release lever. As far as I can see, hanging upside down with a torch, the cable that should unlock the mechanism has either come adrift or broken. I'm wondering if this is DIY or Dealer!

are you pulling the puller up as far as it will go... these do often stretch and its usually resolved with a good old tug..

Thanks for the fast response, yeah the puller certainly needs a good pull so I think you're right about the stretched cable. I should have mentioned that it's the seat cushion that doesn't fold so thanks for the diagram Malcolm I'm going back in with the torch.

Syd

I found on mine that one side had come unclipped under the seat, and so one of the two latches wasnt operating, just clipped it back in (cant remember which release it was though, it was related to the base not the backrest)

I've also seen one that had been dropped downward and failed - impossible to get at to release the catches - no idea what the owner did next..

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom