190e engine conversion experts please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you carat 3.6, it just seems so much better option then a heavy straight six as they never put anything bigger then a 4 pot in a 190e the m111 engine is perfect especially with the komopressor 197bhp Wish me luck I’m hoping if I get a c class 1999 with the m111 kom it shouldn’t need a after market ecu

Thank you carat 3.6, it just seems so much better option then a heavy straight six as they never put anything bigger then a 4 pot in a 190e the m111 engine is perfect especially with the komopressor 197bhp Wish me luck I’m hoping if I get a c class 1999 with the m111 kom it shouldn’t need a after market ecu
Hi lad did you have any luck after?? Also have a 1.8 190e actually have 2 of them. I'm looking for more power... A project for the winter. Any info be greatly appreciated

This is running a c43 engine and slush box, now think of it with the 55 6 speed dropped in...

[YOUTUBE]BdU8f13VFa8[/YOUTUBE]
Trying to figure out how to send you a PM lol still can't so thought I'd drop it here - got a 190e and considering swap options. Any chance can send you a PM? Or how an earth do I send it?

Trying to figure out how to send you a PM lol still can't so thought I'd drop it here - got a 190e and considering swap options. Any chance can send you a PM? Or how an earth do I send it?
You need 30 posts before you can send (or receive) PMs.

Ahhh 30 messages makes sense. Basically I bought 1987 190e 2l manual last year with 39,000 genuine miles. I assumed id pick it up for modifying as I like Old Germans but with more power and realised the car was too clean to start playing about with. So I thought id do the right thing and stick it on owners forums to sell etc and people commented saying "well done, very clean car thank god you didnt modify". I told people I'm open to offer and as the car isn't kept indoors and I drove it but after all that faff no one came through with a offer.

Considered putting it on eBay as I'm after a e30 with power, but then came across this forum. I thought hold on, for what its worth why dont I look at engine swap + mod and take it from there. I've looked at a few forums since then and the guys who commented here by far seem to have more knowledge than other forums in UK so here I am.

Im not a mechanic, I work 12 hour days 6 days a week and don't have time to do the work myself. I'm after someone who can roughly tell me it will set you back XYZ amount and based on that I let the car go or bury the money in. It sounds shrude but the reality is I have a e39 535i heavily modded in terms of appearance and once engine dies, will be getting a Chevy in it. I also have a ongoing project a 1988 Maserati 2.8 Bi Turbo weird car heavily modded which i bought absolutely blind. So Im just trying to figure it all out.

Apologies if it dragged out.

You need 30 post's to PM me, if you need advice look me up in here: Recently Updated Threads | Retro Rides

I’ve got a project setup which I’m unlikely to get going with, so will look to sell. Got a w210 e36 AMG with a running engine in it, and a brand new in the box turbo technical twin turbo kit. The plan was to put that lot into a e320 cabriolet (which I’ll be selling too).

Best to start with the 2.6 190 as your base car, the different slam panel and steering box location makes life easier. But if I was doing it the steering box would be replaced by a rack from a w210.

I've done a few engine swaps on 190's, you dont want to use the m104. They are very nose heavy with the iron block 6cyl fitted, and even the 3.6 is not that fast unless your going to modify it. The twin turbo versions need alot of work to only get the power of a v8.

The 5.6 m117 is a nice easy swap without cutting the car around, and will get you to 300hp if you use the ece version. Or fit standalone engine managment for 350-360hp. The m119 needs some metalwork though due to the width of the heads.

The jz supra engines are an awesome bit of kit, and have a massive aftermarket support for tunning parts unlike the merc engines. There is a guy in oz running a 400+hp 2jz, it's quite the street sleeper.

As Jjr has said, the m111 kompressor engine can make 400hp when running a decent turbo setup on the standard engine. Mosselmann used to make a cast turbo manifold for just that. Running the m111 would also give the car a nice weight balance.

Forget the dogleg getrag box from the cosworth 190 though, it's a bit stronger than the normal 5 speed but not very nice to use. It's mainly the massively over-complicated gear lever linkage that is the problem. The later 6 speed from the w203 is much nicer to use when fitted with a short shift, it is also stronger too. I run one on my w124 superturbo at over 557lbft without a problem.

For your project I would go with a 5.4 m113 and 6 speed manual, it's all alloy so doesn't weigh a huge amount and you have the option of running the kompressor setup if you want more power. Run the w210 steering rack and fabrication can be kept to a minimum

s0-ter13.jpg
I know I might be awakening an old thread but this has been an incredibly interesting read. I am looking to get a 190 as a long term project so an engine swap would be on my list. From what ive read here (and please correct me if im wrong) the M104 is a relatively simple swap but isnt that quick. The M111 has good performance and would drop in with original 5 speed manual box and mounts, but you will need an aftermarket ecu. I am looking for the most bang for my buck essentially, as im not looking to get to the edge of performance, just want to spend 1k or so on an engine that will give me a bit of get up and go. cheers for any help.

I am looking for the most bang for my buck essentially, as im not looking to get to the edge of performance, just want to spend 1k or so on an engine that will give me a bit of get up and go. cheers for any help.

Unfortunately £1k isnt going to get you very far, for that money assuming your doing it yourself you would need to find a w124 e220 and swap it all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom