1998 c250 estate, saddle tank probs, 1/4 tank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jgs600

Car
1998 c250 estate.. my weekend car
right guys i know this has been covered a zillion times, but when i bought the merc i ran her down until the fuel light came on and all was ok, since then ive covered about 3000 miles on 100% biodiesel ( my volvo v40 common rail has done 26thousand on my stuff so i know its top grade...!!!)

Was on a trip to yorkshire last week and the tank was showing 1/4 full when she started to stutter and loose power, i eased off and trundled along for a few more miles where i found a layby to pop in another 20 lts i had in the boot. all was ok after i had done this. New fuel filter and pre filter fitted so i know there is no problems there.

Can someone explain to me how the saddle tanks actually work and equalize, has anyone actually ever solved this problem and what parts need to be changed to solve this problem.

cheers guys

Sounds like you might have a problem with one of the fuel senders perhaps (iirc there are two in the 202).

There is a pipe inside the tank that connects across the two saddles of the tank.

When you replace the senders you MUST ensure that it is blown out with an air line to ensure that it is clear.

thats what im thinking, how easy/hard is it to replace clean this connecting pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom