• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2010🤣 Mercedes 3.0 , Car battery reading 11.67 v, no dash lights won't turn over , dead battery ?

KramEkard

Car
2010 Mercedes E350 3.0 v6
Hi

( I don't know why it's added a laughing emoticon to the title )

My car is a 2010 Mercedes e350 3.0, my car won't start or make any noise and it has no dash lights coming on, but the interior lights and side lights do.
This happened a while ago on a few occasions where it would do absolutely nothing when I put key in but a day later it would start up .

I put a multimeter on the battery today and it's reading 11.67 v.
Would this cause absolutely nothing, no dash lights or not even allow it to turn over ?

I have noticed a small snapped wire on the battery but my friend says it's just a stop start wire even though my car doesn't have stop start he said it's there optional.

Please help, Tia

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_152243904_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240212_152243904_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Amps start cars , volts power things . Even a dead battery would give a voltage reading , but would not turn over the engine. 👍

It looks like a 2010 stamp and someone's been in at it already , the fill plugs are tampered with . It's at least 14 years old.

As said in posts #3 and #4.
Get a good battery fitted of the correct capacity and I would expect it to solve your problems.

I put a multimeter on the battery today and it's reading 11.67 v.

11.9V is totally flat (full charge is about 12.65V).

If you already have a decent charger there's no harm in having a go with that, but it's likely had it. As mentioned somebody has obviously opened up at least one of the fill plugs.

Pure age isn't necessarily an issue - I only recently replaced the original battery in my Vito after 16 years and 150k+ miles. That still started the van every time (3.0 V6), but it was cranking over noticeably slower so just not worth the risk in winter. The battery on my SL is 20 years old but that's kept on a maintenance charger so doesn't count!

Thanks everyone, I'll get a new car battery today and try it . My car has 245000 miles so if it's the original battery it's probably buggered, and the caps have been opened because a mechanic I know put lemon juice on the battery to try and restore it last year .
This has happened before where absolutely nothing happens when I put key in, no dash lights or no absolutely anything but then it's started a day or 2 later

I need to know if the new battery I buy has to be a start stop ?
I don't think this car is stop start but apparently the snapped wire for the battery is a stop start wire ?

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_152243904_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240212_152243904_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Thanks everyone, I'll get a new car battery today and try it . My car has 245000 miles so if it's the original battery it's probably buggered, and the caps have been opened because a mechanic I know put lemon juice on the battery to try and restore it last year .
This has happened before where absolutely nothing happens when I put key in, no dash lights or no absolutely anything but then it's started a day or 2 later

I need to know if the new battery I buy has to be a start stop ?
I don't think this car is stop start but apparently the snapped wire for the battery is a stop start wire ?

Many thanks

Exide ek800 . Or similar. If it's a 315 mm long battery . AGM . 115, f21 ek820

Your snapped wire is possibly the BMS sensor which controls charge rate .

Last edited:
I don't know why he used lemon juice lol seems a bit bizarre ,
Anyways I bought a brand new battery today from gsf for £137, and still absolutely nothing when I turn key.
I'm wondering if the small snapped wire that goes under the red one might be the cause ?

Also could it be a steering lock as this happened last year and AA said it was but then it started a few days later and was fine for a while and it's happens few times since but now it's not starting at all after days .

Also wondering about the starter motor ?
Car has almost 250,000 miles on it

Anyways I bought a brand new battery today from gsf for £137, and still absolutely nothing when I turn key.
I'm wondering if the small snapped wire that goes under the red one might be the cause ?

Also could it be a steering lock as this happened last year and AA said it was but then it started a few days later and was fine for a while and it's happens few times since but now it's not starting at all after days .

Probably because the shop had no limes ?

It's maybe the eis playing up . It may need fettling .

Should have charged your battery first.

Probably because the shop had no limes ?

It's maybe the eis playing up . It may need fettling .

You keep mentioning a broken wire, why don’t you fix it?

I don't know anything about wires, how would I go about fixing that ?
Should I get it recovered to an auto electrian for them to do it ?

My mechanic friend keeps insisting it could be steering column lock and says it just needs a new emulator, does this sound right ?

But he also thought lemon juice could fix a battery.... so I really would not be taking anything he says too seriously! It needs plugging into some good diagnostic software before you start playing parts darts..... and then you should know exactly ways whats adrift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom