300-24, spark plugs fouling with soot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
shame? cars for skidding...

Fot those interested, finally after months of my car not working properly, it has slowly got worse and worse until it was undrivable. The massive overfuelling had stopped but the misfire didnt go, mixture adjustment didnt help. I tried everything and changed everything I could think of. I gave up and listed it for parts on ebay. Then one day a friend convinced me to pull the metering head to peices, it didnt seem to matter anymore if I ruined it completely. I tried to swap the whole k jet unit with the one from the 12v 300 I broke recently but they were a bit too different. The fuel distributer bit with all the pipes that gos to the injectors had a different part number but looked the same, so I swapped that with mine and hey presto! Car works properly again, incredible. It has been a long journey and very nearly gave up on her but I am really glad I didnt. Thanks for all the helpful advice, I wouldn't of known where to start looking without it ,and now I feel alot more confident to keep it alive in the future.

That's a result!:thumb:

So we can assume the metering head plunger was jamming with dirt from the lack of fuel filter. You compensated by leaning the mixture back out, but couldn't get it 100% as the plunger might stick in a different place each time it moved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom