• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

420se fuel problem

DemonDave

i own a 420se 1989 and i was driving and the engine just stopped dead
the engine would turn over but would'nt fire, had intermittant spark at the plug which is now fixed with a distrubtor cap
now i've i got fuel pressure up to the metering head, but nothing coming out to the injectors, i've checked the small filter at the metering head
when i remove the solinoid on the side of the metering housing and i got fuel coming out, i got 5 volks at the plug on the valve.
and i think the metering is faulty, has anyone had problems with that
as a note when turning over the engine i get a small amount of fuel at low pressure from the metering head but not enough to pressurise the injectors

i hope someone can help out

not too clued up on these heads but i remember having problems on a car a while back and we just replaced it with second hand, all was fine since..

Have you depressed the air lap fully when testing for fuel at the injectors, if not that's why it's not delivering.

The metering system is pretty simple, it's a spring loaded arm with an air flap attached and a needle valve on the other end. Press the flap and more fuel flows.
The electrical part is the EHA which is a fuel shutoff falve. If that's flowing fuel then so should the metering head.

Go back to basics and check spark and that there isn's a huge air leak as could be caused by the idle valve being wide open. Then pour some fuel down the throttle body and see if it fires up. If so it has to be the metering head or fuel pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom