50 in a 40, points or course?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She could try her luck and take it to court and ask for the calibration certificate !
As I know most of the time the cameras and hand guns are not calibrated on time or haven't been at all.
I have done it once years ago and they sent me a letter saying no further action .
Cheers lipsylee .

Hand held laser guns are checked before and after every shift for accuracy and reorded in officers notebooks and vehicle log, usually checked against the patrol car with calibrated speedo just ask they will show it you and the procedures, On my last stop I asked to see the calibration certificate the Scottish cop promptly took me to his car and showed it me :mad: and then showed me the entries in both notebook and vehicle log, you won't get away with it these days

3 points means also a fine ,60 quid i think,then the insurance company ups your premium for 5 years those points are held on your licence so your fined many times for one offence ,dont you just love the thieving gitts :wallbash:

maybe you guys think im a cynic....but i did a course last year,i passed my test 31 years ago...and learnt a lot...the guy who ran it was really good,it wasnt at all like i expected(naughty slapped wrist etc..)but very informativber without being patronising....do the course...you might learn something...

flanaia1 said:
Hand held laser guns are checked before and after every shift for accuracy and reorded in officers notebooks and vehicle log, usually checked against the patrol car with calibrated speedo just ask they will show it you and the procedures, On my last stop I asked to see the calibration certificate the Scottish cop promptly took me to his car and showed it me :mad: and then showed me the entries in both notebook and vehicle log, you won't get away with it these days

Fair play but the gatso or normal cameras are never up to requirements in london as been a courier there for 7 years . But big but they are sorting most out slowly but surely. Cheers lee

Fair play but the gatso or normal cameras are never up to requirements in london as been a courier there for 7 years . But big but they are sorting most out slowly but surely. Cheers lee

Same around here the ones in the centre of the carriage way aren't used any more as they are not digital and its been deemed too unsafe to change the film in them :doh:

Most active ones have been converted to digital and you can spot them a mile off

I took the course recently at £92 instead of 3 points and £60 fine. Mine was a silly 42 in a 30 with 42 being the cut off. No excuse, I made a mistake and brakes too late for the 30.

You can only attend one course every 3 years for your county, but they don't share info so you can basically attend one in every county offering the course if you're that way inclined :)

Didn't learn a great deal and its 4 hours of my life I won't get back but it's not patronising and better than points.

I've got a clean license, I'll have you know! :D

Technically yes, but not for long once "ah ah ahhhhhhhhhh" 'Anne' gets the points...

:p

The wife went to her 'speed awareness' course last Friday and said she quite enjoyed it...

Interestingly, the car park was about two thirds full of C-Class's, A4's and 3 series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom