911 run in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
gazz said:
To my mind all this is speculation on the public highway. Come to a trackday and see if you can keep up when the other guy is definitely trying. Another thing that you will discover is that it is much easier to follow than to lead. My lines tend to go to pot the moment someone gets behind me. No matter how much you tell yourself to ignore the car behind and concentrate on what you are doing, it is not so easy to do. Gratuitous picture of me a couple of weeks ago...
Missed the apex then?? ,!?? I loved my old 911. Quite often scared me as I know my limits and the car wanted to keep going. I do wonder sometimes when I look at people in 911's if they would be just as happy with any old engine in it. Mine was unbelievable through corners. Wish I had taken it on a track day!

Oops. Posted this before reading to the end of the thread. I was kidding about the apex though. Honest.

Back on topic. It us nice to "follow" a fast car. Even in my 320 I enjoy being behind anything that is pushing on. Just to watch it. Amazing how many times even my car will pass potentially far quicker beasties!

Last edited:
***OFF TOPIC -- Admittedly I've not been here long but I think this is the first willy waving thread I've read on here!!!!

Come on guys, I thought this was the corsa forum for a second ;)

Iwoody said:
***OFF TOPIC -- Admittedly I've not been here long but I think this is the first willy waving thread I've read on here!!!! Come on guys, I thought this was the corsa forum for a second ;)

Bit of an odd way to interpret it to be honest.

As the original poster said the 911 driver put his hand up. It was fun for them both.

From my reading rather than saying "yeah my cars is......" The 911 has been described as an equally good car.

The light hearted joking in the thread made me smile.

I've never read any posts where anyone is trying to be bigger and better.

***OFF TOPIC -- Admittedly I've not been here long but I think this is the first willy waving thread I've read on here!!!!

Stick around, you will get loads more entertainment... ;)

Lee, get the Weistec badging off and invest in nice new C180 plaque:D

Ha ha and when i get asked "what you done to that" I always say its just a stock 457BHP......and watch the tears roll down there cheeks :D

Come on guys, I thought this was the corsa forum for a second ;)

To be honest, if I posted up the number of times I'd beaten other cars (which I believe would be 'willy waiving'), you wouldn't be able to move in this topic for the posts.

As After Shock rightly pointed out, it was fun for all and a good match for both cars. I obviously had more power but also more weight - which is why I posted it up.

Some on here know my car is running more power than stock and I thought they'd be interested to hear how it performs against another properly-fast car.

If the first post gave you the impression this is a ww forum, it certainly isn't... :thumb:

To be honest, if I posted up the number of times I'd beaten other cars (which I believe would be 'willy waiving'), you wouldn't be able to move in this topic for the posts.

As After Shock rightly pointed out, it was fun for all and a good match for both cars. I obviously had more power but also more weight - which is why I posted it up.

Some on here know my car is running more power than stock and I thought they'd be interested to hear how it performs against another properly-fast car.

If the first post gave you the impression this is a ww forum, it certainly isn't... :thumb:

I dont think you had to explain at all bud, :thumb:

I dont think you had to explain at all bud, :thumb:

I don't want to give people the wrong impression about this forum - it's a great place.

:D

But to be fair, from time to time, willy-waving threads do come up.

Note: not willy-waiving; you need to see a surgeon for that...

But to be fair, from time to time, willy-waving threads do come up.

Note: not willy-waiving; you need to see a surgeon for that...

Yep and the solution is simply not to read or follow the thread if you don't like it :thumb:

Oooh, spiky! Haven't flicked you on the raw, have I? That was a simple, and accurate, observation, as a trawl through the AMG sections will confirm. ISTR somebody posting how boring it was cruising at 155 mph with cruise control set. Oh, Puh-lease!

If you have a problem with such an observation, well, that's your problem, isn't it?

E55(now K)BOF

Oooh, spiky! Haven't flicked you on the raw, have I? That was a simple, and accurate, observation, as a trawl through the AMG sections will confirm. ISTR somebody posting how boring it was cruising at 155 mph with cruise control set. Oh, Puh-lease!

If you have a problem with such an observation, well, that's your problem, isn't it?

E55(now K)BOF

Sorry mate didn't want you to take offence and it was not meant that way. Just from experience it's better not to read threads you don't like.

Also best not read to much depth into my words as I'm not a complicated person.

No offence taken. I didn't say I didn't like the thread; there's good stuff in nearly every thread.

991 Carrera S with PDK does 0-62mph in 4.3 seconds ..

or 4.1 if you pay extra for Sport chrono package

Porsche 911 Carrera S - Porsche Great Britain

the 911 you annihilated was not trying.

lots of car manufacturers lie about 0-60 times..

taking recordings in a controlled environment on windless days with smaller wheels hardly no fuel in the car and give the best reading out of how many runs

thats why i like the gtboard videos :)

my old mr2 turbo got 0-60 clocked at around 4.9 seconds and used to embarrass e93 e92 m3's (Which can apparantlly do 0-60 in 4.7)

not saying that he carrera S is slow im just saying in those conditions it could struggle to get its quoted times down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom