'98 Clk230k engine troubles....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

watson101

So I started off by getting the leads and software to try diagnose the car, after reading up a load of threads I had an idea what to expect....

Codes I got back were p0300, p0300, p0302, p0302, p0303, p0303. Is it usual that the codes are repeated? I googles the codes and the p0300 is random/multiple cylinder missfires and the 2 and 3 on the end indicates the cylinders but I feel there may be other reasons for the triggering such as fuel or the mix or something similar, any ideas anyone? Or shall I proceed to get new plugs and work my way through?

You need some live data to get more of an idea of the cause. Codes are not all the info. Before replacing anything, get it diagnosed properly.

I got some new spark plugs in her and she's running like a dream ( for now ) but I get the feeling that was prob done before I bought her, I think a full service and possibly a remap might be the way forward next

actually, the P0300 means Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected, the P0302 means Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected, the P0303 means Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom