A new stealth tax is born

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, I know the answer, you may be surprised, it might even make you happy
Given only one area has managed to get the system licenced so far, probably very few?

Lets say your a council. You've got all that nice council tax rolling in in April. You have a choice, some more day centers for the elderly or disabled which will cost you more and more to run each passing year or setting up a CCTV parking enforcement system that will real in ever increasing amounts of extra money as you paint yellow lines on every stretch of road in your Borough.

Doesn't take much figuring out, does it.

Lets say your a council. You've got all that nice council tax rolling in in April. You have a choice, some more day centers for the elderly or disabled which will cost you more and more to run each passing year or setting up a CCTV parking enforcement system that will real in ever increasing amounts of extra money as you paint yellow lines on every stretch of road in your Borough.

Doesn't take much figuring out, does it.

Peterborough has just finished a 3-year plan of renewal of restrictions, coupled with the new charge levels, we're forecasting a drop in revenue from PCNs which is what is expected of the authority. Coupled with our minor tax increase of 1.4% I think the council is doing well

You might forecast a drop but the answer is really simple. Just tighten up on the rules, refuse every appeal and make sure your Borough doesn't have a single ' no pay ' parking spot in it.

sorry robert but you have to understand that article is from the horses mouth. How is that meant to reduce speed?

[LEFT said:
robert.saunders[/LEFT];524927]No idea, I don't work in speed enforcement

You are taking away all of the parked cars so that the traffic can speed up,,is that what is meant by speed enforcement

There are rules about beating the c@@p out of people whilst robbing from their homes but I see little pro active enforcement of that in my neck of the woods.

You are clearly unhappy here. Have you considered moving? I hear Zimbabwe and Belarus have some space.

You are taking away all of the parked cars so that the traffic can speed up,,is that what is meant by speed enforcement

A local authority can only enforce waiting restrictions (via civil enforcement) on roads that have a speed limit of 40mph or less so I doubt it ;) I doubt anyone on here speeds on restricted roads with 30/40mph speed limits

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom