A5 v cls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I only recognised the instrument binnacle and parts of the centre console from my 211, the rest was totally different...

Correct-a-mundo. :thumb:

I only recognised the instrument binnacle and parts of the centre console from my 211, the rest was totally different...

and of course the electric seat controls on the door,

so the interiors are essentially the same .. they have seats and trim!

And, unlike some, I really like the eliptical slab of wood across the dash! Again, reminds me of a Jag, the XK8 especially.... :)

gratuitous pics:

AI4C0404.jpg

Foo8.jpg

Last edited:
Oh god - - - let me get a tissue.. :crazy:

There is one thing with the CLS though, and it's going to annoy you now. The wing mirror shape doesn't suit it. :eek:

Never noticed that...... why did you have to tell me!! Grrrr!! :D

Maybe I could fit these?

DM0040_2.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously touched a raw nerve when mentioning the similarities of the CLS and E class...come on guys, you must have come to terms with the "E Class in drag" descriptions by now, its been 5 years!!

I better not mention that, in my opinion, the E Class has more restrained use of plasticy veneer on the dash.

Obviously touched a raw nerve when mentioning the similarities of the CLS and E class...come on guys, you must have come to terms with the "E Class in drag" descriptions by now, its been 5 years!!

I better not mention that, in my opinion, the E Class has more restrained use of plasticy veneer on the dash.

it's not raw nerves .. it's your poor observation and/or poor English :)

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

And I am entitled to point out your mistakes :)

Definitely a raw nerve, but it shouldn't be. The E Class is a great car and the CLS is all the better for it's very obvious and direct lineage.

I find it very telling when posts begin to put an emphasis on the grammer of others.:D

The E Class is a great car and the CLS is all the better for it's very obvious and direct lineage.
I agree. The CLS definately benefits from it's 211 roots. Basically, the CLS builds on the 211 strengths and takes the already great driving experience to a new level.

The CLS is a niche market car, very well executed. :)

What a thread.

As a package, the CLS is the more compelling car for Barry to buy. He even admits is, everyone is unanimous that its the better car.

Most importantly Barry is very drawn to the car, and IMHO should get one.

What a thread.

As a package, the CLS is the more compelling car for Barry to buy. He even admits is, everyone is unanimous that its the better car.

Most importantly Barry is very drawn to the car, and IMHO should get one.

:thumb:

good bye estate then i guess for you..

go on.. buy yourself a birthday present.. Unless all you folks wanna contribute to the birthday fund lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom