• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Accessing injectors to check for leaks

VITO115MANX

Car
Mercedes Vito 115 sport
Hi all
Just looking for advise please
I've just bought another Vito (115 Sport ) and it has a ticking sound , just wondering can you just remove the plastic cover and lift it off as simple as that or will I require seals etc , started undoing the right hand Allen screw and seen oil on thread so didn't go any further incase bolts go further or something .

Any help much appreciated.

Hi all
Just looking for advise please
I've just bought another Vito (115 Sport ) and it has a ticking sound , just wondering can you just remove the plastic cover and lift it off as simple as that or will I require seals etc , started undoing the right hand Allen screw and seen oil on thread so didn't go any further incase bolts go further or something .

Any help much appreciated.

I mean the plastic engine cover , sorry for the original question being vague.

On my 109 the plastic cover over the top of the injectors unbolted by removing the bolts from around it's perimeter.
My leaking injector seat was immediately evident when I did, as the carbonised fuel that had been leaking was caked over the inside of the cover.
The engine ran fine with the cover removed, no leaks.

Thanks ST MARKS
Did you torque the cover back on once you were done ? , I think mine may be leaking then as first cover screw I loosened had what I thought was engine oil all over thread but if it only holds cover on it could of been carbonised fuel.

I tightened those bolts down evenly, but not to a specific torque iirc. As that plastic cover serves no mechanical purpose I didn't even bother to look up their specified torque. I just tightened them up by feel ( "StM tight-enough" )
Under that cover is a soft rubber moulding, I assume to dampen noise from the engine. You may find that a leaking injector seal will have caused some damage to that moulding (sadly I did).
Lastly there is a bracket on the underside of the front bulkhead that I had to remove (bolts hidden underneath the sound insulation wadding) to allow enough clearance to lift the cover up & over the injectors. Even then it was quite awkward.
Good luck.!

Sorted thanks

So i ended up taking the Vito to a local garage who specialize in Mercs etc and had them look at the ticking noise , injectors were all good and it was a just normal sound to them (they visually and soap tested them all ) , the biggest bonus was they would only take £10 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom