Advert Feedback Request Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
Guys

I put this up for sale on ebay a few days ago, and have not even had a call or email about it yet. In the past I have sold cars on there pretty quickly.

2001 MERCEDES C320 AVANTGARDE ESTATE AUTO SILVER (Petrol) | eBay

So any feedback on the advert / price / anything?

I know the price is a touch on the high side, it is though a very high spec car and I would take a sensible offer.

To be honest, i am starting to consider breaking it for parts, it may well make more money.

Thanks in advance.

it's a 3.2 petrol V6 for £2k - them's that can only afford £2k for a car don't want a 3.2 as a rule.....

My suggestion is to get the wheels refurbed and the rust sorted - £500 max, and put your price up to £2500.....

£2500 for a MINT one of these is much better in many's eyes than £2000 for a "bit of a rough one".....

The spec is excellent, the car sounds nice, and if my wife wouldn't kill me I'd have it off you like a shot!! (2 merc's and 3 other cars is too much already though!)

For the sake of £65 get the alarm fixed - replacements available from your dealers, 30min job.

No mention of service history?

Lose the part about your Dad preferring a 190e etc, change it to 'Family owned for over 8 years'

Also, needs a picture of the inside of the boot - its an estate afterall! (doesnt need 2x pictures of the dash)

Tyre tread remaining?

Like the other fella who asked about his ad.
You sound like a small time dealer trying to make a quick profit by adding in all the tech spec and the pictures of the keys and service books.
It's a 2 grand car, people want to know if it starts, stops and how long it will last, if they are looking they know what the specs are(and most of the specs are pointless).

Don't mention the rust or the wheels need a refurb(or get it done), just say it's in good condition for it's age.

you've analyzed and advertised a banger like you would a £25k car.

Mercedes c320 estate(avantgarde) 2001.

Top of the range spec.
Full MOT, good history, Totally reliable car, been in my family for 8 years and no longer needed.
Good condition for year, good tyres all round(?), 105k miles, petrol in silver.
lot of car for the money
£1995 ono.

Job done.

as above -

get rid of..

(they all rust a little at this age), but nothing serious, that requires a new panel yet.

Bad bits, clicky heating system on start up, door locks occasionally bounce, and the alarm siren has been removed as it drained the battery.

## fix the alarm.

AMG alloys, need a refurb to make them perfect, but perfectly usable as is.

## As above -

TV Tuner (analog only, so it no longer works after the switch to digital, but does have the ability to accept a digital signal if you want to buy a digital tuner)

### replace with
analogTV Tuner

Leave the rest - get rid of the small talk and just keep it simple with facts.

Thanks for the less is more input guys, I have made some amendments already.

Will add a photo of the boot later.

To be honest I don't want to spend money making it perfect, as it is perfectly usable as it is, i just want shot of it, as it is now in the way.

Last edited:
Seriously for £65, Get the alarm fixed, this day and age noone wants/can be bothered with a car that has a dodgy alarm + it invalidates insurance (if your being picky).

Remove wheel arch lining and replace unit.

Seriously for £65, Get the alarm fixed, this day and age noone wants/can be bothered with a car that has a dodgy alarm + it invalidates insurance (if your being picky).

Remove wheel arch lining and replace unit.

Had not thought about that, so yes will get it done, simple job.

Looks like a nice car for 2 grand.

Being honest, I think it's at least £500 to dear.
I sold a 2000 E280 Avantgarde with 85k miles with leather, fsh and brand new MOT for £1200 a year ago.
It sold easily as it was competitively priced although I could have probably got more for it. If you want it gone quickly, reduce the price is my advice.

Looks a nice, honest car to me.

Personally I'd probably ask around £1800 and sell as is (with the alarm repaired of course).

It'll make a lovely family run-around for someone!

Looks a nice, honest car to me.

Personally I'd probably ask around £1800 and sell as is (with the alarm repaired of course).

It'll make a lovely family run-around for someone!

I would happily take 1800, probably less, 1700 perhaps.

But also any buyer will want to knock something off, I know I always want to.

So I was expecting advertise at 2k take 1750 ish
If I advertise at 1800, then take 1600? 1500?

To be honest then I am in break it territory.

Alloys 350
Interior 200
Comand 200
TV Tuner 150
Dog Guard/Cover 100
SAM Units 100
Steering Wheel 150
Engine compartments bits 100
etc etc

Easy, I know its a hassle and will take more time, but could make substantially more.

If it was me, i would rather it stay whole, but it belongs to my son, and he needs the money more, so may be motivated to do it.

I agree, breaking the car would fetch more. Seems a shame to do that to a nice car though.

But ...... It's much easier to find 1 buyer for a complete car than all the buyers for all the bits. Breaking a car is rarely as profitable as it seems. Been there done that - much prefer to sell at a reasonable price than sit on a breaker for months on end!

Also I think you're being optimistic on asking price of parts!

Last edited:
I have opened up the Ebay Ad to offers

Thanks for advice all, car sold this afternoon, first person to see it bought it.
Haggled a bit, and settled at 1700 GBP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom